5 days left
- Job Level
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Organises the upkeep of all the bedrooms, rooms and common areas under his/her responsibility.
• Guarantees that rooms are cleaned and services provided to the highest standards, ensures that hotel linen and uniforms are cleaned efficiently.
• Ensures that work schedules suit the level of activity at the hotel.
• Creates a good working atmosphere and generates team spirit.
• Plans and organises decoration in hotel rooms.
• Ensures that brand standards and procedures are duly respected, implemented and updated.
• Organises and supervises breakfast and mini-bar services (depending on the size of the hotel).
• Checks the quality of cleaning and guest linen laundering (in large hotels).
• Is responsible for the department's "masterkeys" and their correct use.
• Ensures that decoration is refined, elegant and harmonious.
• Ensures the high quality of any services provided by a third-party (linen hire, cleaning, florists etc).
• Handles supplier relations.
• Coordinates room allocation with the front office, handling any switches as necessary.
• Communicates and coordinates with the other hotel departments.
• Signals any technical faults and follows up repair work.
• Regularly checks the schedule for building work together with the Technical Department.
• Draws up an annual programme for major cleaning projects.
• Is familiar with the services provided at the hotel and informs guests.
• Helps organise specially themed weeks and major events.
• Ensures that documentation and information in hotel rooms is well presented and up-to-date.
• Analyses guest comments and implements any necessary corrective actions.
• Draws up the annual budget and manages all spend for the department.
• Participates in investment decisions.
• Optimises the department's energy costs and headcount.
• Supervises the consumption of cleaning products and welcome gifts to comply with predefined ratios.
• Manages the stocks of linen, cleaning products and complimentary welcome gifts.
• Maintains and analyses dashboard charts (state of rooms, stocks of linen, welcome gifts and cleaning. products, headcount planning, etc.) and implements any corrective actions required.
• Supervises the maintenance and security of hotel rooms and premises, in conjunction with the Technical Manager.
• Respects and ensures respect of standards regarding hygiene, cleanliness and the safety of guests' property.
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).