Commis Chef (Indian Cuisine)
6 days left
- Job Level
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Meet with the Chef de Partie to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Complete Opening Duties:
- a. Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies.
- b. Check production schedule and par.
- c. Establish priority items for the day.
- d. Inform the Chef de Partie of any supplies that need to be requisitioned.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to departmental standards.
- Inform the Chef de Partie of any foreseeable shortages before items run out.
- Inform the Food & Beverage service staff of 86’d items and the amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.