Chef De Cuisine - Award-Winning Steakhouse - Middle East
Full job details
A Multi-Award winning Steakhouse Restaurant for a top luxury hotel in the Middle East requires a highly qualified and highly energetic Chef de Cuisine to lead this well-established restaurant.
This steakhouse is a well-known destination for connoisseurs of meat and it consistently delivers on the promise to provide only the finest selection of meats cooked to perfection in a welcoming and memorable setting. This restaurant offers multiple dining options, where guests may choose whether to enjoy the live grill-show kitchen, the interactive dining area or a cozy private dining space instead.
As the Chef De Cuisine, you will have proven culinary skills, great team management abilities and clear communication methods and you will lead this strong team in seamless coordination between all staff and departments. You will manage a culinary brigade of exceptional and talented Sous Chefs and Cooks and you will be responsible for menu planning, development of new promotions and control of all food and labour budgets. Training and mentoring the team will also be a big part of this role. Your previous experiences from a similar role and proven track record will ensure that you understand what is needed to succeed and how to build and train your team to achieve all of your objectives.
Tasks and Duties:
- Contribute to the smooth running of the hotel kitchen by assisting the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef in areas of profit management, stock and wastage control, food standards and training and development of the kitchen brigade.
- Prepare and present food to a high standard, maintain hygiene practices and actively develop your kitchen skills and knowledge.
- Ensure that all staff within your department are adequately trained and developed as per company policy.
- Responsible for the Recruitment and Selection of your team and for managing any Employee Relations issues with the support of the Human Resources Department.
- You will actively guide and direct the whole team to ensure consistency of brand standards and a high level of performance and service delivery and you will motivate your team and create strong team unity
- Fluent in English
- 2+ years of experience in a high calibre steakhouse
- 2+ years of experience in a 5 star internationally branded hotel
- Possess the ability to quickly and authoritatively delegate job tasks to a the staff
- Very good planning and directing food preparation
- Proven track record of managing a kitchen and problem solving “on-the-fly”
- Proven culinary education (preferably Apprenticeship)
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate and communicate with the Restaurant Manager & associated Departments in promotions and Marketing
Salary & Package Details
- Basic Salary: $32,000 USD
- Transport allowance: $100 USD
- Housing allowance: $1,800/month
- Ticket: Yearly
- Healthcare: Private Medical
If you are interested in this role and you meet ALL of the above requirements, please send your resume in WORD format through to: email@example.com
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applicants, only those that meet all of the client’s requirements and expectations will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.