1. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to and communicates with the Front Office Manager on all pertinent matters affecting guest service and hotel operations.
- Provides functional assistance and direction to all departments.
- Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with other hotel departments as required.
- Reacts to situations to ensure guests receive prompt attention and personal recognition throughout the hotel
- Responds to guest needs and resolves related problems
- Supervises and directs Reception and Reservations personnel.
- Supports and assists Front Office personnel and all departments at peak periods.
- Ensures VIPs and priority club guests receive special attention
- Inspects front of house and back of house regularly for cleanliness.
- Assists Guest Relations in greeting, rooming, and sending off VIP guests.
- Monitors appropriate standards of conduct, uniform, hygiene, and appearance of staff.
- Provides input for Front Office meetings.
- Promotes inter-hotel sales and in-house facilities.
- Checks billing instructions and monitors guest credit
- Analyses and approves discounts and rebates.
- Analyses the rate variance report to ensure rooms revenue control
- Takes action with the Property Management Systems (PMS) in emergency situation.
- Fully conversant with all hotel emergency procedures.
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests and anticipate guest needs with maximum attention
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the guest experience
- Demonstrating a ‘customer service’ attitude
- Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers
- Maintain an up to date ‘repeat guest’ history
2. Human Resource Responsibilities
- Works with Superior and Human Resource Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive. Duties include:
- Assists in planning for future staffing needs
- Assists in recruiting in line with company guidelines
- Prepares and administers detailed induction program for new staff
- Assists in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversees their implementation
- Ensures training needs analysis of Front Office staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs
- Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Regularly communicates with staff and maintains good relations
3. Financial Responsibilities
- Works with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Maintain knowledge of credit policies & procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out within the Front Office department
- Manages the departmental expenses
- Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- To ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.