Sales Manager - Government
Full job details
The incumbent in the position is responsible for accounts that originate from Government, Embassy, Ministry and Government owned corporations. The role includes developing new business, negotiating contracts and maintaining good relations with clients in order to meet and exceed the targets set for the Government Segment room nights and C&B Revenue.
- Set up and maintain good working relationship with all other areas of the hotel’s operations, such as Front Office, Food & Beverage, Accounting, Reservations etc.
- Prospect by telephone cold-calling to establish territories.
- Establish and maintain corporate accounts with clients.
- Follow-up with clients before, during and after the function/event/stay to ensure repeat business.
- Handle complaints according to the Department SOP.
- Follow-up leads provided by Global Sales Offices within 2 hours.
- Research and present lost business reports at the Weekly Sales Meetings.
- Provide Director of Sales Government with weekly sales report.
- Attend various functions as when required including National day events.
- Analyze the competition from and reports as designated.
- Participate in training programmes.
- React promptly to requests by the Executive Director of Sales for reports and other assignments.
- Organizes VIP’s arrivals, welcomes and provides them with assistance during their stay upon needs according to the Emirates Palace standards and in order to exceed guest satisfaction.
- Negotiates new contracts and renewals in order to meet sales targets.
- Ensure contracts and payment terms and conditions are strictly applied in accordance with Emirates Palace policy
- Achieve Sales Weekly Targets as set.
- Two (2) years experience in a Sales position within 5 star international hotel.
- High School Diploma, Hotel Apprenticeship or Bachelor Degree
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
- Fluent in English, Arabic and additional language is beneficial