Director of Revenue
Attractive Salary + Benefits
Full job details
About the Role:
A role has arisen for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to actively contribute to the successful achievement of Hotel’s goals of High Standard Quality Guest Service
- Maintain and implement as necessary the Yield Management system in all related Revenue Generating Departments.
- Ensure completion of daily, weekly and monthly forecasts.
- Monitor and review inventory and rate control through the use of reports completed in this role - including booking pace, regrets, market segmentation, availability calendar, rate check report and other reports as required.
- Coordinate throughout the hotel effective rate and inventory controls, forecasting and market mix management, and other hotel operations responsibilities with the effective use of revenue management.
- Prepare for and chair Weekly Yield Meeting and send weekly update to all concerned.
- Review segments in order to establish specific market segment progress versus our goals.
- To analyze competitive information reports for bench marking against competitive set on a daily and monthly basis (revenue penetration index)
- Update, review and monitor all information contained in the GDS and ensure all information is correct.
- Monitor and incorporate changes in the forward strategy of the GDS restrictions to reflect market demand and ensure maximization of revenue for all revenue generating departments.
- Provide support to all departments on the technical aspects of installation, support, maintenance, training, as well as business consulting, change management and business process redesign services, as and when required.
- To review, in conjunction with the respective Department Head, the current business practices for Rooms, Reservations and Marketing, and identify critical re-enforcement and improvement areas to the hotel.
- To identify and develop key resources at the hotel, and focus on conceptual, financial and technical system training to ensure the long term sustainability of Revenue Management at the hotel.
- To manage, in conjunction with the General Manager and Director of Business development and Marketing, the re-engineering or re-enforcement of business processes from an overall perspective of revenue maximization and consistent rate quotation, sales strategies and service delivery.
- To support the hotel in achieving their overall annual profitability goals through Revenue Management practices.
- To constantly audit the evolving needs of the hotel in terms of technical expertise, business processes and re-training, and proactively plan for their successful resolution.
- Prepares, monitors and controls budgets accurately.
- Interprets monthly financial data and identifies and takes corrective action as and when required.
- To analyze the current revenue generation trends of each hotel, in order to identify critical areas for Revenue Enhancement.
- To set in place integrated solutions to enable the hotel to leverage their global profitability via Revenue Management practices, focusing on revenue engineering at all profit centers in each hotel, and improving efficiency in cost control.
- To set in place bench marking and monitoring mechanisms at the hotel that will permit the constant tracking of financial results through the course of the year, and proactively permit the identification of need and opportunity areas.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have educated to degree-level or above in a relevant discipline with appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess 2+ years in a similar position in a 5* property.
You will have a high degree of ‘emotional intelligence’, remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.