Executive Sous Chef
2 days left
- Job Level
The Executive Sous Chef supports the Executive Chef in implementing and maintaining Food Production standards which are cost effective and tailored to meet changing guest eating trends. The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for inspiring and empowering employees in the kitchen to provide efficient, superior food and service to guests. He is in charge of all staff and ordering issues in the kitchen..
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to the following areas and activities at management discretion. Direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Assist executive chef in any task concerning the smooth running of the kitchen and replace him during his absences.
- Control daily store issue requisitions and follow up with the store in case of any missing item.
- Present new product and price opportunities to executive chef.
- Responsible for taking control in collaboration with the outlet chefs of the weekly roster including holiday plan and ensure correct information.
- Supervise all transport and uniform issues that concern kitchen department.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upgrading of food quality and presentation.
- Carry out daily inspection of all cold rooms and refrigerators in order to ensure correct use of food items and respect of hygiene rules.
- Control hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen department in collaboration with executive chef using the standards of ISO 22000.
- Organize correct dispatching of written information of interest for all chefs de cuisine.
- Implement and check daily outlet log books in collaboration with chefs.
- Responsible for setting up a control system that will assure quality and portion consistency.
- Create a data base of recipes in the in prolific software.
- Perform any other any other matter as per Executive Chef’s request.
- Ensures that disciplinary actions are taken, when necessary, according to resort’s policies.
- Establishing daily supervision, delegates to sous chef and chef de cuisine.
- Responsible for establishing an efficient flow of production.
- Effective people management in order to maximize the potential and effectiveness of kitchen staff.
- Any other duties assigned by the Executive Chef
********Candidates who would like to be considered MUST send portfolio of their work (photos) with CV*********
********SINGLE STATUS candidates only may apply**********