Beauty / Spa Therapist (Female Only) - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.
Talise Spa offers a unique spa experience in Kuwait, with state of the art spa facilities and the latest revitalising treatments. In the spa, you'll find 17 treatments rooms, plus two private suites, a fitness studio with personal trainers, hydrotherapy baths, a drift room, salt room and a steam room. Experience the amazing health benefits of our snow room, which aids circulation and leaves you with an instant glow. Also find inner calm in Yoga, Pilates and Reiki at the spa. A personalised assessment will help you choose from the wide range of therapeutic spa treatments, including massage and body treatments, facials, ritual packages or detox programmes.About the Role
An exciting role has arisen for a talented and certified Spa Beauty Therapist to join the Talise Spa and Wellness Team at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait. The main purpose of the role is to consult, advise and treat guests on wellbeing techniques and treatments, as well as operate and work in accordance with standards prescribed in the Spa Manual.
You key duties will include:
- To welcome guests to the spa area and assist them prior to and after their treatments.
- Perform facials, manicure, pedicure and massages.
- Perform professional services according to standards with attention to detail and in a prompt timely manner.
- Advise guests of spa service programs, treatments and products available at the spa.
- Assist in promoting spa and body care products to guests and offer full product knowledge.
- To request, collect, replenish spa supplies in accordance with minimum stock levels.
- Ensure all treatment rooms are fully set up before beginning a treatment according to standards and procedures.
- Communicate through appropriate guest cards / logbook on any guest related matters, products or equipment needs, technical service requests, etc.
- Assist in keeping accurate written records of treatments and products used in view of repeated guests.
- Participate in on-going trainings and continue to study and improve spa skills.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag and follow good hygiene habits and standards at all times.
- Any other duties that may be requested by the management.
In order to be considered for this role you will have a recognised international qualification in Spa Therapy. It is desirable that you have CIDESCO/ITEC/CIBTAC qualification.
You will also have a minimum of two years experience of working in a similar role in high quality spa in a five star hospitality environment and be able to demonstrate that you are competently able to carry out a variety of beauty and spa therapy treatments.
As well as the technical experience, it is also essential that you have very good people skills and are fully customer focused. Experience of interacting with clients of different nationalities and managing an individual's expectations is paramount.
A good command of the English language (verbal and written) is essential as well as proficiency in MS Office packages.