Technician (Kitchen and Laundry) - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting role has arisen in Engineering Department at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to carry out skilled maintenance and repairs in the Kitchen and Laundry and also have experience in other functions such as Electrical, Refrigeration, and Building Management System.
- Carry out repairs, maintenance and installation to all related equipment.
- To complete work orders, PPMs, CWAs as directed.
- To select, request, correct materials from engineering stores.
- To organize work in a skilled and professional manner.
- To advise superior/colleagues promptly of any defects or failures.
- To report any unsafe working conditions to senior colleagues in order to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and your colleagues.
- To ensure work areas are always kept in a safe and tidy condition.
- To read and understand basic schematic/line drawings.
- To use mechanical/electrical test equipments and instruments.
- Work on own initiative without detailed supervision or direction.
- Request support and direction as needed.
- Be familiar with and comply with all relevant engineering department policies, processes and procedures.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good verbal and written English skills.
- Knowledge of general electromechanical.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Must be able to remain calm when under pressure.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Cheerful and friendly personality.
- Flexible with guest requests.
- Organized and structured.
- Team player.
- Problem solving and follow up abilities.