Assitant Executive Housekeeper - Worldwide
Full job details
Assistant Executive Housekeeper \ 2nd housekeeper
Hotel Division - Housekeeping
- Responsible for all Housekeeping related activities in Guest staterooms, Suites, corridors and pantries.
- Lead and support a team of Cabin steward\ess, Assistant Cabin host\ess and House Persons
- Ensure reporting of all maintenance issues and inspection completion in timely manner.
- Carry out daily pre-shift briefing and ensure Team are in their assign section and start service in due time.
- Inspect daily during morning and evening shift passenger’s cabin, corridors, pantries and lockers for cleanliness and perfect cabin set up. Ensure deficiencies are reported and corrected accordingly. Submit report to 1st Housekeeper for record keeping.
- Follow up and keep track of all special cleaning matrix such as: cleaning of curtains, carpet shampoo, furniture, shower head sanitation etc.
- Monitor par level of all lockers within working areas and ensure sufficient supplies are available for the cabin steward\ess.
- Complete the weekly general supply requisition and submit to the 1st Housekeeper for approval.
- Arrange for pick up of general store as per schedule and ensure proper distribution to lockers within working areas.
- Ensure proper handling and safe usage of chemical and housekeeping equipment.
- Overall scheduling of the team with work assignments.
- Be knowledgeable and aware of NLV special cleaning instruction.
- Supervise crew on baggage delivery and collection.
- Inform 1st Housekeeper of any guest related issues to be followed up by management.
- Follow up on Guest special requests.
- Prepare for USPH inspection and participate during regular ship inspection.
- Ensure all Logs are signed and kept up-to-date in designated areas.
- Provide leadership for all direct reports; responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing personnel files
- Conducting performance reviews, including discipline as needed
- Ensuring MLC compliance
- Participate in inventory
- On job training
- Crew recognition and communication
- Demonstrate professionalism and be a good role model for subordinates.
- Interact with guest and employe in a professional and positive manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace with emphasis on employee health and fire\chemical safety.
- Ensure all housekeeping areas meet VOC standards.
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Housekeeper or 1st Housekeeper.
- Minimum two years Housekeeping management experience on ships or hotels of 300+ room
- Management experience working with a multinational Staff/Crew
- Hospitality or Business Management Degree or industry related experience
- Excellent English oral and written, additional European language recommended
- Computer skills necessary (Word, Excel, Fidelio, Espresso)
- Strong knowledge of sanitary procedures
- Keen eye for cleanliness and attention to details
- Experience in Human Resources procedures
- Able to explain various housekeeping chemicals, equipment and their usage
- Able to walk and stand during long hours
- Excellent Guest interaction skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Multi task performer