Guest Services Manager - Worldwide
Full job details
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Supervision and of Guest Services and all responsibilities relating to a Guest Service Operation as per VOC company standards.
- Support the Chief Purser with all Guest service related matters.
- Supervision of Global Administrator on completion of passenger cruise questionnaires.
- Supervisor Explorers desk operation.
- Ensure all embarkation preparations are completed in a timely matter.
- Supervision and training of all embarkation staff as required with the support from the shorex Manager relating to the Grabba Device.
- Liaise with Shorex Manager to ensure a smooth operation between the Airport and Terminal for guests arriving to the ship.
- Supervision of Embarkation and check-in with in the terminal and all communication relating to guests arriving from airport as per VOC SOPs.
- Complete time & attendance work schedule for all guest service staff. Ensuring they meet MLC regulations.
- GSM set hours at the Explorers desk to accommodate guest requests or queries
- Review new Manifest each cruise and complete necessary cabin changes, upgrades etc. and liaising with shoreside for any cabin or guest queries.
- Supervise Senior Receptionist with handling of all lost/delayed luggage.
- Ensure all Amenity Reports are sent out in a timely manner at the being of each cruise.
- Responsible for timely printing and delivery of all printed matters.
- Assist Guest Services when required.
- Be able to be confident when dealing with Guest complaints
- Take charge of Passenger medical disembarkations with support of Chief Purser.
- To be familiar with the ship’s safety and security procedures relating to the hotel Department in respect of any eventuality.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date manual for completion of responsibilities as Laid down in job description.
- Liaise with Night Auditor to ensure all ship board credits are posted in a timely manner
- To constantly operate in accordance with ISM safety regulations.
- To constantly operate in the interests of the owner.
Supervisor: Chief Purser
Receives instructions from: Chief Purser / General Manager
- Previous 2- 3 years’ experience in a Concierge role on ships.
- Relative accounting and administration skills for the role
- Experience of supervising a small team of staff
- Cash Handling and Foreign Currency exchange experience
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, ) MXP an advantage
- Experience in supervision Embarkation and Disembarkation procedures.
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Service oriented and guest focused, positive personality and professional appearance.
- Maintain confidentiality of all communications.
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation