- Job Level
Applications are invited for the position of Buyer.
This position is within the Procurement Department and reports to the Senior Procurement Manager.
- Prepare and evaluate tenders related to his section in coordination with Sourcing Specialists and Manager.
- Review and resolve all daily general correspondences.
- Acquire from various divisions necessary information related to products, specifications, quality, estimated consumption in order to launch tenders.
- Receive and review purchase requisitions from all divisions and action the request subject to availability of necessary approvals.
- Maintain good interpersonal relations with suppliers, thus gaining the best possible service from them.
- Keep updated on current market prices of all items required by the various divisions and assist in maintaining up-to-date records of all suppliers and their products along with the price lists.
- Acquire quotations from various suppliers and place orders with the best supplier after having thoroughly researched and investigated all factors in terms of quality, quantity, price, time.
- Maintain up-to-date records of all suppliers (existing and potential), their products and price lists.
- Visit suppliers to evaluate them on product offerings, quality, and operating standards; based on the findings make recommendations for current /future requirements.
- Participate in meetings with the suppliers relating to price negotiations and contract formation in coordination with Sourcing Specialists and Manager.
- Negotiate realistic discounts with suppliers on all purchases.
- Refuse any transaction not complying with the company rules and regulations and source alternative products.
- Attend local exhibitions to expand EKFC’s Procurement scope and thus gain reputable suppliers.
- Comply with Corporate Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities Standards.
Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior Procurement experience in a food or catering industry.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support.
- At least 3 years of experience in a relevant field
- Previous experience working in a Procurement / category management position.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Knowledge of contractual terms and conditions.