Sourcing Specialist – Non Food
Applications are invited for the position of Sourcing Specialist – Non Food.
This position is within the Procurement Department and reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager – Non Food.
The role will be responsible for sourcing Non-food related items and managing vendors for EKFC. The successful candidate will be able to perform sourcing activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers. Key measurement of success will be ability to demonstrate value addition (cost saving) to the business through efficient implementation of effective sourcing initiatives.
- Undertake supplier negotiations, create award recommendation reports and implement effective contracts.
- Effectively engage with internal stakeholders on a regular basis to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
- Set SMART objectives for sourcing projects and teams and provide regular and objective feedback on the performance.
- Lead cost saving strategic initiatives to ensure that EKFC achieves best value
- Engage with Business and negotiate contractual arrangements with suppliers to ensure that value for money and excellent service levels are maintained and optimised.
- Maximise profit by tendering contracts and meeting with suppliers to negotiate the best terms of contract
- Research and implement new concepts and innovative products / methodologies to enhance sourcing performance.
- Track and report on category spend, savings and general performance
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Work with Procurement analyst information to inform price and market strategies
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships to ensure EKFC is a client of choice that receives continuous business improvement opportunities.
- Actively monitor external business environment and be fully aware of the changes in the inflationary and purchasing environment for categories under management
- Implement negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Execute sourcing strategies and regularly update/maintain business suppliers’ database to ensure data on suppliers is easily stored, accessed and retrieved.
- Utilise eSourcing and eProcurement applications to drive optimum performance, efficiency and effectiveness from each sourcing opportunity
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and ensure plans are set in advance to manage these timely and as per requirements
- Undertake supply chain risk assessment and mitigation planning exercises for all critical categories
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirement documentation.
- Provide on time visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Monitor performance of key suppliers, facilitate regular performance reviews with stakeholders in order to assess value and quality of supplier services / products and inform decision-making on future collaborations.
Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Industry qualified within procurement profession preferred (MCIPS or equivalent)
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant field
- Previous experience working in a Procurement / category management position.
- Technical knowledge of the Non F&B procurement categories.
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems such as Oracle and SAP.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Knowledge of contractual terms and conditions.