3 days left
- Job Level
We invite you to be part of The Ajman Palace Hotel - managed by HMH. Set on a private beach offering captivating views of the Arabian Gulf, this alluring hideaway is a heritage resort with a modern spirit. For our 5-star lifestyle resort, we are looking for an Executive Housekeeper.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for managing the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments in order to ensure the highest standards of upkeep, hygiene and cleanliness of the Hotel, including all Guest rooms, public areas, food & beverage outlets, banquet facilities and back of the house.
- Closely monitors all processes related to ensuring high level of housekeeping services provided to the guest is timely and defect free.
- Leads the Housekeeping Department by developing and implementing departmental objectives in line with the hotel business objectives.
- Supervises housekeeping operations such as cleaning and maintenance whilst ensuring compliance with all housekeeping policies, procedures, standards and satisfaction of guests’ needs.
- Inspects daily all areas and takes corrective measures in order to meet hotel standards in terms of cleanliness, maintenance and supply.
- Develops, implements and continually reviews the policies, procedures and standards.
- Selects, trains, develops, schedules and manages the performance of direct and indirect subordinates to ensure the efficient running of housekeeping operations.
- Ensures that staff performance is managed and that training and development implemented accordingly.
- Coordinates housekeeping duties with various departments such as Front Desk, Engineering, Sales and Marketing and Food & Beverage to ensure that all guestrooms and public areas are clean and well maintained in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manages linen inventory and guest supplies and the ordering of supplies as necessary to meet quality standards and hotel business needs.
- Prepares the annual budget and manning guide and manages the housekeeping department within budgetary guidelines.
- Coordinates and reviews contracts, including plants rental, cleaning contracts, flowers and ensures compliance by both parties.
- Participates in the planning of hotel decoration for special functions and festive seasons and organizes the necessary actions.
- Keeps abreast of all new equipment and cleaning products and evaluates their quality, maintains knowledge of local competition and housekeeping industry trends.
- Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meeting, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time, depending on the need of the business and hotel
* Previous 5 star hotel experience, preferable in the Middle East.
* High school diploma or similar required.
* Excellent command of English language (both oral and written).
* Computer skills (MS Office, e-mail, MC, Opera)
IS THIS YOU?
* Pro-active, dynamic, focused and goal oriented
* Capable to multi-task and manage a number of tasks simultaneously
* Eye for details
* Exceptional interpersonal skills
* Respect dead-lines
* Drive for continuous improvement
* Motivated by achieving and exceeding goals
* Passionate about the hospitality industry
* Excellent listening skills
* Strong sense for team ethics
* Excellent understanding of health and safety aspects
* Enjoys working with a multi-cultural team
If your answers on the above were "Yes, yes, yes,....and again yes, then what are you waiting for? Send us your application."
Please note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted directly by the hotel.