Executive Chef - Food Point
Applications are invited for the position of Executive Chef, within the Culinary Department in Food Point
- Develop, present and implement new products for Airline and Food service clients.
- Manage new product rollout projects and cost saving initiatives to achieve business objectives and financial results.
- Review existing menus and initiate process improvements for increased quality perception as well as realization of potential cost efficiencies.
- Research and develop innovative products ranges in coordination with the Senior Business Development Manager for new and improvised product opportunities for new and existing clients.
- Manage the culinary manufacturing process (low-care) supported by a team of Senior Sous Chefs, Sous Chefs, Process Technologists, supervisors and team members for improved regional ethnic meal authenticity and overall meal quality.
- Participating in workshop’s with airline and non-airline clients developing concepts for presentation.
- Work in conjunction with the entire supply chain process, including but not limited to procurement, to liaise with product and creative suppliers on packaging, component and presentation concepts.
- Assessment of market development projects to identify product opportunities and constraints providing expert recommendations on feasibilities, potential profitability and sustainability of a concept, proposal or opportunity.
- Develop and motivate all levels of reporting teams through formal and informal feedback for continuous performance and process improvement.
- Conduct counselling and analyse staff issues which may include handling disciplinary and grievance issues in coordination with Human Resources.
- Preparing and presenting MIS reports as applicable to areas under jurisdiction, and handle queries or issues pertaining to the same.
- Achieve or exceed profitability contributors (cost/yield) as well as productivity objectives and present them with justifications appropriating credit to concerned segments of business.
- Comply with the Company Occupational Health and Safety Policies, Quality Management Systems and all other regulatory framework as applicable from time to time.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- 3-year Diploma or Degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent professional qualification.
- Previous experience as an Executive Sous Chef or above in a food service establishment of reputation.
- High standards of professional conduct with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Attentions to detail, ability to plan, multitask and work to strict time constraints.
- Passion for motivating a team, strong results orientated assessor of people and processes.
- Excellent people management skills managing positive cultural changes and promoting diversity.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Past experience in a Michelin starred establishment.
- Credible industry-specific rewards and recognition from recent past.
- Experience of managing a large volume kitchen with more than 50 client accounts of diverse nature.
- Proactively committed to adding value and creating wealth for the company, through the elimination of waste and improved team effectiveness and productivity.