Al Maha Resort is nestled in a verdant palm oasis, deep within Dubai’s magical dune and desert landscape in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and plays a vital role in its conservation. Al Maha showcases the heritage and architecture of the Bedouins and also offers a sense of desert adventure.
The Arabian Oryx & the Gazelles are the star attractions in the reserve. The indigenous Arabian wildlife can also be viewed from the temperature-controlled infinity pool or sundeck seating area of all Villas. Enjoy two different complimentary desert activities every day as part of the stay.
The private desert event site situated away from the hotel is available for weddings, special celebrations and group functions for up to 300 guests. It is the perfect location for family events.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• Ensure that the spa services covering professional wellness, health spa, and specialist treatments are meeting international standards and norms for the industry recommending where necessary changes and upgrades to the spa services.
• Ensure that at all times guests receive personal and confidential services, have access to all spa facilities and individual requirements requested by them. To ensure proper consultation on treatments and facilities with all guests using the facilities, and to actively promote the spa services within the resort, maintaining personal and professional contact with the resort guests.
• Manage the procedures, reservations, and billing for guest spa use, including guest reservations for spa treatments, use of general facilities, and to ensure accurate check-in, reception, and check-out procedures with Guest Relations/front-office. Plan and manage the activities of the spa department which include internally the housekeeping services, laundry and cleaning services, engineering maintenance, Food and Beverage services, Guest Relations and the resort Reservations department. Monitor and constantly recommend methods of reducing wastage thereby keeping in line with the units overall expense budget.
• Constantly liaise with external service providers such as product manufacturers, spa and treatment equipment suppliers, Health and Safety inspectors, contract services and training specialists to ensure that the facilities provided by the spa are up to the required level.
• Have a clear understanding of the impact of treatments and services on the health, well being, appearance, and medical conditions of the guests. This aspect of the individual services will need to provide for the follow-up and continuity for guests, even once they have departed the resort.
• Research, monitor and continually assess current and new trends in the health, beauty and the spa treatments and products thereby recommending new and service upgrades and also ensure that staff skills are upgraded to meet quality of services standards.
• Ensure that all complaints received are dealt with in a timely manner thereby ensuring that the guest receives services in a well co-ordinated and timely manner. This includes additional personal and confidential information, which may be relevant to developing and upgrading services, guest history records, Management, and Sales and Marketing.
• Actively participate with the managers of other units, and the management of the resort, in instituting policy, maintaining morale, and generally implementing and carrying out the management role amongst resort staff in line with corporate procedures. Participate in the guests’ social activities within the resort, acting as duty manager where rostered, and attending daily/weekly and occasional guest social events, acting as host and guest confidante.
• Ensure optimum utilisation of manpower is maintained taking into account the efficiency of the spa and the treatment schedules provided to guests. Ensure that all staff members of the unit have been adequately trained, and certified to provide the services. Ensure that creative, flexible, and proactive approaches are taken in the provision of the ‘wellness’ services and atmosphere of the resort spa. Responsible for the administration, training, recruitment and grooming of the staff to ensure that the image of the Resort's services, its ideals, and its policies be maintained.
• Monitor and implement procedures and inspections which ensure that all equipment in the spa/gym remains serviceable and functional, and to a standard that is required in a professional facility, ensuring that maintenance and suppliers are informed in a timely manner to ensure minimum downtime of facilities. To ensure that the facilities and the gym/spa environment are maintained to standard, and that normal wear and tear is not noticeable within the facilities.
• Degree in Health, Wellness or Fitness from a recognised institute with a minimum of 5 years work experience of which a minimum of 2 years should be in managing a Spa. OR A Diploma in Health, Wellness, Beauty or Fitness with a minimum of 7 years work experience of which a minimum of 4 years should be in managing a Spa.
• Specialised Knowledge & Experience: Experience in procedures, standards and operation of a spa facility. In depth knowledge of the practices relating to the physiology of treatments, health and beauty treatments, and all aspects of health and safety. Experience relevant to spa leisure management as a service provider. Additional written and spoken languages will be preferred. The job holder should be organised, should have a structured approach to guest services and an ability to carrying out procedures for the compiling of accurate business unit reports. A thorough knowledge of advanced First Aid