Recreation - Fitness Instructor
Full job details
We are currently looking for young, dynamic, self motivated Recreation professionals who want to move their careers forward.
As a Fitness Instructor you are responsible for safe, professional, effective and quality functioning of fitness programs carried out for hotels guests and leisure club members, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Organize and supervise regular fitness related activities and events to maximize members enjoyment / use of fitness centre and to keep ahead with our competition
- Develop and maintain professionally safe and effective fitness procedures, programs and activities in the fitness centre and ensure proper fitness practice at all times
- Co-ordinate the aerobics / exercise program and studio usage and continually seek ways of introducing new ideas to maximize revenues
- Develop and supervise the children’s activities: e.g. fit kids
- Supervise the cleaning and maintenance of the fitness centre ensuring clear standards are always met and equipment is always in good working order
- Understand the club facilities, membership fees and coaching / massage / aerobic fees
- Aware of the rules and regulations of the club and how to deal with guest applications on memberships and their process
- Understand the entire club policies in each designated area and be aware of how to operate micros computer system for the billing of all services
- Assist the Recreation Manager to achieve membership targets through ‘Bodylines Marketing Plan’.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally be a well build, physically fit, trained and qualified Fitness Instructor with previous experiences, preferably within the hospitality industry. You must also have good command over English and positively contribute to sales activities thereby maximizing revenue along with the ability to solve problems effectively. Computer skills are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be a positive and proactive individual with a true passion for sports and an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You have a high aptitude for customer care and strong motivational skills, along with the capability to influence and guide and the ability to develop and build relationships easily, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Driving for Results