Conference and Events Manager (pref Arabic Speaker)
Full job details
A Conference and Events manages the Groups, Conference and Events Sales office and the on-property Reservations Team to actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As Conference and Events, you will manage the Groups, Conference and Events Sales office and the on-property Reservations Team to actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales. The Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Manager will interact frequently with customers and Guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat and expanded business. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maximise all Group, Conference, and Event revenue opportunities
- Review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Conduct weekly spot checks of five bookings carried out with a minimum of 90% achieved in any departmental and system audits for any Team Member
- Ensure the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
- Manage and develop the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
- Organise hotel promotional activities
What are we looking for?
A Group, Conference and Events Sales Manager serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Demonstrated previous managerial or supervisory experience in a Reservations and/or Conference and Events Sales function in the hotel/leisure sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high levels of performance and exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capability and an ability and desire to coach selling techniques to their team
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- Previous experience in the same or similar role