Full job details
A Plumber is responsible for fitting appliances, installing and maintaining heating and air conditioning units, and repairing plumbing systems to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As a Plumber, you are responsible for fitting appliances, installing and maintaining heating and air conditioning units, and repairing plumbing systems to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Plumber will also be required to make emergency repairs and liaise with contactors as needed. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Fit appliances such as toilets, sinks and baths
- Install and maintain heating systems
- Fit domestic appliances
- Install and maintain air-conditioning units
- Liaise with contractors and assist with fitting bathrooms
- Emergency repairs required within the hotel
- Daily checks around the hotel
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair plumbing systems within the hotel
- Ensure good relationships with internal and external customers
- Ensure hotel fixtures and fittings are maintained in a safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Ensure monthly safety inspections take place and employees are trained accordingly
What are we looking for?
Plumbers serving Hilton Worldwide brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- S/NVQ Level 3 in plumbing and domestic plumbing
- Positive attitude
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous experience in a similar role