Full job details
A Night Manager oversees the night-hour supervision of the Front Office Team to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver our Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As Night Manager, you will oversee the night-hour supervision of the Front Office Team to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver our Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out. A Night Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards
- Serve as a point of contact for regular and VIP Guests
- Complete Night Audit duties
- Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Understand and demonstrate correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
- Represent the Hotel Manager and other senior managers in their absence, taking full responsibility of the hotel
- Manage, record and promptly resolve issues or emergencies that arise
- Demonstrate current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area
- Act in accordance with all security and emergency procedures and manage the instigation of these, as required
- Compile adequate handover to Early staff / Duty Manager
- Attend appropriate training courses, when required, and assist with the Night Team's training and development efforts
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Conduct annual and mid-year Appraisals with Team Members
- Conduct Health and Safety Checks and Night Walks, and maintain a good status awareness of all hotel areas
- Assist other departments, as necessary
What are we looking for?
Night Managers serving Hilton Worldwide brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
Previous supervisory experience in Front Office within the hotel/leisure/retail
- High level of IT proficiency
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in the hotel industry
- Previous experience with Front Office Management Systems
- Previous experience with cash handling