Full job details
About the position:
An Executive Chef with Hotel AlRayyan - Curio "A Collection by Hilton" will build a reputation for the hotel by maintaining a talented and creative kitchen brigade, offering an innovation menu, and promising an exceptional culinary experience.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
If you are curious and can inspire the ones that like to step out of the day-to-day and make their own discoveries, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Curio "A Collection by Hilton.
About Hotel AlRayyan, Curio "A Collection by Hilton"
It is going to be our first Curio in the region. Hotel AlRayyan brand identity concept is based on "fashioned luxury" as it is linked with the high end fashion stores in the new Mall of Qatar, one of the largest shopping malls in the world.
What is Curio by Hilton?
A collection of well established, independent Hotels, with strong Brand awareness and identity, that span the entire upper upscale and lower luxury segments.
The Curio brand will deliver the most unique and memorable guest experiences through an edited selection of distinct hotels, each with a special character you cannot duplicate. We are part of the fabric of our cities: true locals, embodying the spirit of our homes, everywhere from Singapore to Sydney to Chicago. We are hotels people want to know, the way they know other people, with personalities and stories all our own. From the cozy to the grand, the elegant to the bold - we are a collection of hotels whose unifying characteristics are our authenticity and individuality.
What are we looking for?
As an Executive Chef, you are ultimately responsible for leading the department to maintain a good connection between the guests, the hotel and various hotel departments.
An Executive Chef would also be required to have a hotel pre-opening experience and also experience in leading a successful Food and Beverage department. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Hire, train, supervise, schedule, and participate in activities of chefs, cooks, and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecast needs.
- Listen actively and communicate clearly while interacting with customers to promote food products and directing staff activities. Analyze feedback from clients and team members, make judgments and take action to implement suggestions for improvement. Maintain working rapport with all hotel staff for efficient operation and service to the customer.
- Monitor team performance, product quality and production flow; foster continuous improvement where necessary.
- Create and implement new menus and individual menu items for all outlets based on current food trends and regional tastes. Invent menu selections for special banquet themes and parties in accordance with client budgetary guides and expectations. Confer with the F&B Manager regarding any new selections and changes.
- Audit food storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that ensure adherence to all health code requirements. Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout kitchen(s) including walk-in and reach-in boxes.
- Special projects and assignments for continuous improvement.
Recruitment and succession planning
- Contribute actively so that company has a sufficient number of well qualified managers and Team Members meeting both current situation and future needs
Management and leadership
- Actively support the hotel to provide a strong leadership within the department based on our values
Learning and Development
- Contribute actively to create a working environment where people continuously develop themselves and others
- Promoting the Hilton WorldWide Values as the foundation of culture
- Being a "good representative" of Hilton, leading by example
- Contribute actively in various meeting forums
What benefits will I receive?
You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member.
Learn More About Hilton Worldwide.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Learn more now about Hilton Worldwide - offering an open door, a welcoming smile, and an exceptional experience. Reached a total of 29 million Hilton HHonors® members - with 2.5 million members joining in 2010 alone One of the largest hospitality companies in the U.S. by number of rooms Developing one of the largest pipelines in our history and in the industry with a special commitment to global expansion First major hospitality company to require sustainability measurement as a brand standard.