Front Office - Director of Front Office
Full job details
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic guest focused Front Office professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As Director of Front Office you are responsible for all pertinent matters affecting guest service and hotel operations and to maximize hotel revenue while deliver excellence at every opportunity. The role involves controlling the availability of rooms and the day-to-day functions of the Front Office, such as handling guest arrival and departure, information requests and will include key responsibilities such as:
- Ensure Guests receive prompt attention and personal recognition throughout their stay in the Hotel, respond to Guest needs and resolve any issues that may arise resulting in highest possible Guest satisfaction
- Plan and implement the application of availability controls to those market segments, which will maximize Hotel room, Food & Beverage and other revenues where applicable
- Maintain a high performance standard among Guest contact Colleagues to ensure they are knowledgeable, friendly and courteous at all times
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to turn rooms around with a minimum of lost time and to allocate arriving Guest appropriately
- Participate in decisions involving occupancy goals, marketing strategies and development of rates
- Supervise the Front Office team to ensure optimum occupancy and average room rate for the purpose of maximizing revenue
- Inform the Management via reports about the results of trends or Guest impressions and problems in the Hotel affecting Guest satisfaction or the operation
- Ensure all Colleagues are fully conversant with Hotel’s facilities, services and room configuration
- In conjunction with the Emergency Response Team prepare emergency procedures upon advice from relevant authority that cover such emergencies as Fire, Power Outrage, Bomb Threat, Cyclone Warnings, etc
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and colleagues’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
- Innovative ways to delight customers and enlarge return guest ratio
- Create memorable first and last impression by maintaining driveway and lobby areas great appearance.
- Position is 65% - 70% guest facing and 30%-35% admin work.
- Fully responsible for the operation of Club Rotana
- Resolve any issues toward guest satisfaction and ensure empowerment guidelines are strongly promoted and utilized by the FO team.
- Address all Market Metrix comments as they come
- Actively promote the Arabian Culture Program in accordance with Rotana brand standard
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You must be a college / university degree graduate with a minimum of two years experiences in a similar role. You should be a computer literate with working knowledge of hotel property management systems such as Opera; understand sales systems such as Micros and with the ability to communicate English clearly, fluently and effectively in writing and reading.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a solid front office background and excellent customer relations, problem solving and time management skills. You will be result oriented, proactive, an innovative thinker with the ability to lead, motivate and improvise in all situations and you should possess following competencies:
Understanding the Business
Planning for Business
Drive for Results