- To ensure sound financial control of the restaurant in accordance to set financial parameters by managing income and expenditure to ensure required return on investment
- To ensure business growth through monitoring business performance indicators (Sales: Year on Year & Actual vs. Budget; Gross Profit; Ticket Average; Customer Count; Menu mix; Day parts; Complaints; Labour Turnover; Payroll vs. Turnover) on a daily basis, communicate results to the management team and develop & manage an action plan to promote the improvement.
- To assist in developing the restaurant budget and ensure adherence there to verify all daily, monthly and annual reports & paperwork as required have been completed and submitted timeous and correctly.
- To ensure efficient stock control management for the restaurant
- To ensure repairs and maintenance are taking place
- To monitor the internal and external audits of the restaurant, communicate results to the management team and develop & manage a corrective action plan to improve results
- To maintain a clean and hygienic working environment at all times according to restaurant/company standards
- To act as the Health & Safety Representative for the restaurant and ensure compliance to the relevant legislation
- To communicate and ensure compliance to the company's operational standards and operating requirements
- To develop and monitor roistering on a weekly basis to ensure sufficient people capacity to meet the business requirements
- To ensure adherence to opening and closing procedures
- To ensure induction and training of all new staff according to company's policies and procedures to proactively meet the needs of the business
- To complete, submit and monitor payroll information in accordance with relevant legislation and company's policies and procedures
- To ensure effective IR management in accordance with relevant legislation and company's policies and procedures in conjunction with consultants and HR support
- To ensure effective performance management of all staff in accordance with thecompany's policy and procedure
- To ensure effective staff development, buddy system and succession planning for the restaurant is in place
- To proactively involve the assistants in managing the restaurant
- To review performance with assistants, buddies and employees'
- To communicate, execute and evaluate all national, regional and local marketing campaigns and initiatives
- To respond to all customer complaints in accordance with the companys' policies and procedures
- To draw up the community map and local marketing plan together with the management team
To analyse the mystery shopper and various reports, communicate results to the management team and develop & manage a corrective action plan to improve results.