Host/Hostess (Foguiera Restaurant)
1 day left
- Job Level
The hostess/host is responsible for delivering great service to all guests, being knowledgeable and professional in doing so. The hostess is mostly responsible for receiving and seating the guests and having good communication with the waiting staff and kitchen about the guests.
- Responsible for doing all preparations for the service, like preparing table planning and menu’s.
- Making sure to work with clean equipment and surfaces.
- Making sure that he/she is always enthusiastic and delivering great service to all guests, the hostess is the first contact for the guests and should always be aware of that in answering email, phone or speaking with the guests directly.
- Keeping an eye on guests when they move or something changes and communicating this with waiting staff and kitchen.
- Taking orders and giving information to guests if required and clearly communicate this to colleagues.
- Making the waiting and kitchen staff aware of VIPs and special requests or needs from guests.
- During the service the hostess/host should be able to deal with challenges, changes and keep an eye on table turnovers.
- If necessary preparing orders like drinks and preparing snacks, bread.
- Responsible for cleaning tasks during and after service.
- Making sure that all the guest areas look immaculate.
- Attend departmental meetings if required.