Revenue Manager (Pre-opening)
- Job Level
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
M Hotel Makkah by Millennium is well located hotel provides comfortable and elegant accommodation in the heart of the Holy City of Makkah. A Hotel that combines modern touches with traditional hospitality to provide the warmest welcome for pilgrim traveller. The hotel is conveniently located in Ibrahim El Khalil street, only 1.7 km away from the Holy Masjid Al Haram making it ideally positioned for those who wish to their pilgrimage for Hajj. Hotel consists of 784 comfortable rooms and suites, 3 dining restaurants, ample complimentary parking, extensive meetings and events facilities and male and female prayer rooms.
As a Revenue Manager you will be responsible to maximize revenues through bedroom sales by setting proactive selling strategies and action plans in order to achieve the budgeted revenue and to maintain a healthy business mix.
Key Job Responsibilities
- To design and implement a continuous pro-active, selling strategy and action plan, which will drive the optimisation of hotel profits.
- To oversee the maximisation of revenues through the combined efforts of the Reservations, Sales & MICE Sales departments.
- Assists the Director of Sales & Marketing is setting up rate structures and yearly budget.
- Prepares necessary data required for revenue budgets and assist management team in preparing yearly budgets.
- Prepares and analyses daily, weekly and monthly reports as per company standards.
- Communicates analysis with management team for necessary and required revenue management decisions to ensure that targets are met.
- Monitors and analyses room’s inventory utilizing Revenue Management systems and structure to maximize occupancy and increase revenue including, but not limited to, monitoring room group blocks, demand levels and plan restriction.
- Monitors competitive environment including pricing and strategies of competition as well as external variables such as city pressure and special events.
- Assist sales team with performance analysis of hotel’s top producing thus accounts, enabling a variable and lucrative pricing proposal for re-contracting.
- Sets short and long term sale controls and strategies in cooperation with Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Communicates controls and selling strategies with all concerned and ensure strict adherence and authorize any expectations.
- Responds to all group and MICE inquiries applying the selling strategies
- Works closely with other department to ensure the proper training of their team members in relations to the revenue management process.
- Ensures booking of systems of systems (rooms and MICE) are regularly maintained and updated thus maximizing the sales potential and data accuracy of reports.
- Monitors input of data with particular attention to rate controls and status options.
- Effectively retrieve statistical information.
- Ensures that all promotions / packages are properly loaded in all applicable systems.
- Ensures that rate parity is maintained across all distribution channels thus allowing maximum flexibility to capture all market buying patterns.
- Bachelor in Hotel Management or Revenue Management.
- Previous pre-opening experience in 4 to 5 star hotel/serviced apartment for at least 2 – 4 of hands-on hotel revenue management experience.
- Competent Word, Excel, PowerPoint , Outlook and related software packages
- Knowledge of hotel PMS (HIS, Opera). Knowledge of inventory control.
- Highly competent in GDS, Extranets
- Ability to deliver effective presentations, communicate ideas, negotiate positive outcomes and engage others by enlisting their support.
- Due to Government Regulations in Makkah only application of Muslim candidates will be considered