Culinary Coordinator- Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.About the Role
A fantastic position has arisen for a highly organised and efficient Culinary Coordinator to join Burj Al Arab.
Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef, this role encompasses managing the administration of the Kitchen Office.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Daily checking and preparing the market list, requisitions and submissions to cost control
- Assisting with the receiving off all food goods and controlling the flow of fruit and vegetables
- Logging of each single sanitation process of all fruit and vegetables
- Liaising and following up with the purchasing executive for items non delivered, out of stock or last minute special requests
- Ensuring prompt and efficient purchasing, issuing of supplies, stock control and inventory control
- Ensuring correct procedures of storing and stock rotation of products in the cold rooms.
- Daily Check and prepare the market list according to business level for Chef’s approval.
- Understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s Policy relating to Hygiene and HACCP.
In order to be considered for the role, you will have a minimum of a three years experience in Food & Beverage service in a supervisory level with a good understanding HACCP and Health and Safety Regulations in the kitchen.
You will have advanced Microsoft Office and typing skills as well as a strong command of the English language both verbally and in written form.
You must be focused, passionate, committed, flexible and a team player. Being efficient and diplomatic in all situations, ability to juggle tasks and prioritise them, methodical and organised, and accurate with good attention to details are essential skills for the smooth operation of the department.