Spa Manager Male/Female
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Dammam , Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
• To conduct daily meetings to discuss service goals and objectives for the day
• To organise weekly team briefing with Assistant Spa Manager, Head Receptionist/Scheduler and Head Therapist to discuss and effectively cover all forthcoming spa business and events and review of past week
• To manage implementation of revised or new company core standards in product and service
• To consult and effectively and positively manage changes in operation, policy and procedures with direct reports
• To ensure service briefings are carried out as appropriate regarding core standards (dress code, hygiene, service procedure)
• To ensure close client liaison is maintained at all times throughout events
• To generate new ideas for service and products that will maintain a competitive and leading edge over our Competitive Set
• To effectively roster and book staff to cover all forecasted events and manage the monthly Manpower costs as percentage of revenue and in relation to covers and the productivity
• To set yearly SMART objectives and goals for direct reports and conduct six monthly performance reviews with direct reports and ensure their team members are reviewed on a timely basis
• To conduct performance or disciplinary related reviews with direct reports as necessary on a timely basis
• To prepare and regularly update Departmental Training Manual in conjunction with the Training Manager.
• To ensure all team members adhere to the agreed standards and initiate a training plan for all full time employees and permanent casual workers
• In conjunction with Training Manager, develop and implement a regular Training programme for all team members utilising Westin core standards and E’spa programmes
• To continue to lead an employment structure that will create a service focused Spa Team
• To create an environment in which direct reports can take responsibility and authority for their work and development
• To actively participate in the meetings as appropriate - daily operations briefing, weekly business planning meetings. monthly Spa communications meeting, Marketing Plan & Operating Plan meetings as requested, Spa ESI Feedback Meetings, GSI, Monthly Department Heads Meeting
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Significant achievement and management experience in Spa operations within a similar quality operation
• Operational management experience of a team in Spa
• Spreadsheet Experience, preferably Excel
• Word-processing skills, preferably Microsoft Word
• POS experience - Micros preferred
• Must demonstrate assertiveness to instruct, firmly represent organisational standards and goals, or discipline as necessary
• Must demonstrate an ability to adapt to environmental as well as internal organisation turbulence through understanding the impact of change and the positive management of change
• Must demonstrate an ability to develop a strong working relationship with others by being fair, open, reliable and consistent
• Must demonstrate decisiveness and a willingness to commit to action once alternative solutions have been weighted
• Must demonstrate an ability to originate ideas (self-starting) and to take action beyond what is called for
• Must demonstrate a clear enjoyment in working in the Hospitality Industry and demonstrates a willingness to anticipate and recover in response to guest needs
• Must demonstrate high standards of personal and professional conduct
Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Wellness /Spa /Recreation Management required.
Three to four years of experience.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.