Head Pastry Chef Slider Station Cocoa Room
Full job details
Gastronomica is a leading restaurant operator of original dining concepts. The company is based in Kuwait with operations currently in Kuwait, KSA, Oman, UAE, Qatar with Bahrain on the way. The company currently a number of unique popular dining concepts, which include Slider Station, Cocoa Room, Burger Boutique, Open Flame Kitchen, Skinny Cloud, Nomad Kitchen and Roadside Diner. All our brands are created in-house from the ground up. We are the leader of original dining concepts in the Middle East focusing on high quality food service operations. Our aim is to build our brand name by carving out a niche which focuses on high-quality products that are based on a Total Dining Experience principle.
Our Slider Station and Cocoa Room teams in Kuwait and Dubai are seeking a talented creative Executive Pastry Chef who pride themselves on innovation and who have the ability to operate an efficient, creative and quality focused Pastry Kitchen. Your proven ability to successfully operate multi-unit, multi-concept operations together with your exposure to the GCC restaurant/hospitality sector will provide you with the foundations of successes for this role.
As the Executive Pastry Chef you will be responsible for:
- Supervising the pastry kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items
- Monitoring regular standards of production to ensure highest level of quality
- Monitoring all aspects pertaining to the control of food cost
- Creating high quality and creative pastry products
- Participating in the drafting of concept ideas and new menu items
- encouraging all employees to put forward their ideas and utilizing them wherever practical
- Ensure all health, hygiene and safety standards are implemented and followed
- Ensure consistent on the job training session for culinary colleagues and promote health & safe
To be considered for this opportunity you will posses exceptional leadership, organisational and problem solving skills together with the ability to implement successful new product concepts which improve dining experience. Your prior experience with free standing independent restaurants will be highly regarded.