Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Nestled near the turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf where white sandy beaches dazzle in the sun, Ajman Saray is the first beach-side Luxury Collection Resort in the Middle East. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the resort is an accessible retreat, just a short drive from major International airports and the Emirates of Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain
The first Luxury Collection beach resort in the Middle East, offering an accessible retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the hotel is a short drive from major International airports and Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain.
205 inviting rooms and suites offer all the comforts desired by the modern global explorer, combined with refined elegance, exquisite décor and sea or city views.
Active guests will enjoy a variety of water sports, plus a modern gym and memorable spa experience. Younger guests will find the kids club a stimulating retreat. Local cultural and historic attractions are a short drive away.
Exceptional culinary experiences, with all-day Mediterranean dining, Middle Eastern fare, fresh seafood and relaxed pool-side barbeques. The lobby bar and equestrian lounge offer an ideal indoor retreat.
Matchless meetings, events and social gatherings with a sophisticated, spacious ballroom and 6 well-appointed event venues with natural daylight and stunning resort & sea views.
• To prepare in conjunction with the General Manager and EAM of Rooms the rooms division section of the annual Business Plan
• To monitor all costs/expenses and recommend/institute measures to control them on accordance with the annual budgets.
• To review the profit and loss statements with all department supervisors on a monthly basis and provide feedback for the General Manager report accordingly.
• To review and negotiate, together with the EAM of Rooms, the contracts for outside contracts such as laundry etc.
• To ensure that all services offered by Housekeeping are always available, and are carried out with the utmost efficiency and courtesy.
• To liase closely with all departments with regard to servicing and handling of incoming groups, VIP’s etc.
• To attend morning meeting with the Hotel Manager and to conduct the hotel morning meeting with representatives of each department.
• To be “on call” at weekends on a Rota system.
• To keep abreast of all new technological advances within the industry and suggest improvements.
• To inspect all hotel areas to ensure both the cleanliness and comfort of the hotels guests are maintained and that all standard amenities and touches are provided in rooms and public areas.
• To assist other departments with disciplinary policies and procedures to be the “sounding board” in this area for the hotel.
• To be very hands on in all departments of housekeeping
• To be fully conversant in the Hotel Emergency procedures in relation to Fire, Bomb threats and Health and Safety.
• To be fully conversant with all the legislation pertaining to the hotel operation, in particular with regards to the service and consumption of alcohol on the premises.
• To ensure that all departments are fully familiar with the policies and procedures in the events of loss, damage, accidents, other incidents and that all reported matters in the logbook are followed up correctly.
• To build a professional team of employees by taking and active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
• To ensure that all employees provide a friendly, courteous and professional service.
• Preparation of departmental job description for each job category.
• To ensure that each supervisor plans and implements effective orientation and training programmes for their respective employees.
• To meet with supervisors to discuss the areas for improvement and training requirements.
• To ensure that each supervisor maximizes productivity and morale within their respective department and that they consistently maintain discipline, following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
• To ensure that all housekeeping staff receives appraisals to discuss existing performance and areas of improvement for future career and developmental goals.
• To interview potential new employees in liaison with respective Supervisors.
• To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform and name badge and are well groomed at all times.
• To ensure that you and all the employees read the employee handbook and have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the Hotels Rules and Regulations and in particular the Policies and Procedures, relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
• Prepare cleaning schedules.
• To be conversant and comply with local legislation and act in accordance with any such matters relating to your department.
To respond to any changes in the hotel as dictated by the needs of the industry
Key Result Areas:
As specified by Big 5 or goals in your PMP
Measures of Performance:
Big 5 or goals as set by superior
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
• Strong technical skills
• Sound understanding of preventative maintenance and condition monitoring.
• Financial acuity / Business acumen – the control of expenses/costs, the monitoring of financial procedures, and the maximization of revenues through initiative.
• Human Resource Management skills - successful recruitment, training, and the development of each associate according to their potential for advancement.
• Planning and organization of resources for varying business levels in both the short- and long-term to achieve strategic goals.
• Strong Communication Skills – must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace, ensuring good information flow
• Ability to be a Change Agent and drive the pursuit of continuous improvement.
• Leadership, Delegation, Motivation and Team Building skills
• Effective conflict resolution and problem solving skills
• Sound information systems knowledge
• Ensure full liaison with other members of the Department
• Strong communication with Key Departments
• Key relationship with the Key Positions within and outside of Department
• Work as teams with employees from all departments to ensure hotel objectives are met