Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
W Doha Hotel & Residences has been awarded for the past 2 years Best Business Hotel by the Conde Nast Traveller Middle East Reader’s Choice Awards. We are setting the tone for fashion and entertainment lifestyle in Doha and in Middle-East. Working for unique and refreshing lifestyle brand such as W and joining Starwood - one of the leading names in hospitality will open doors for many future career opportunities.
For more information about us, please visit:
Nestled in the heart of the city, right in the business district where the past meets with the future, art meets science, tradition meets haute couture and culture meets nightlife, the W Doha reveals the unexpected side of modern Doha, thrilling guests with unrivalled insider access to what is new and next in this booming desert capital. Work and play come easy at the W, with Qatar Financial Center, major oil & gas corporations and ministries just walking distance from the hotel, plus the country’s largest mall just a 3 minute drive away.
As an HR Generalist, you will be part of the HR Team and will be reporting to the Assistant Recruitment Manager.
* Compose job descriptions for current vacancies and publish accordingly on all applied recruitment channels
* Screen applications and cascade further to the involved Hiring Managers
* Arrange and partake in interviews for positions on supervisory and assistant managerial level
* Conduct reference checks and further assessments where applicable
* Prepare offer letters and assist with contract negotiations
* Communicate with successfully hired candidates while ensuring that all needed paperwork is processed efficiently
* Reply to all applicants in a timely manner
* Build and maintain effective relationships with recruitment agencies
* Forecast recruitment costs and process related invoices accordingly
* Constantly update the manning guides and communicate with the department heads
* Regularly update all records and databases
* Lead the social media recruitment channels
* Participating in the preparation and execution of various welfare and social activities
* Assisting in the preparation and submission of relevant HR and employee documents
* Assisting in the employee orientation and facilitating newcomers joining formalities
* Conducting exit interviews for employees and recording them accordingly
* Conducting Probationary Chats
* Oversee and assist in understanding the accommodation needs with the Accommodation Manager
Previous experience for a minimum of 2 years in the HR Department of a 5-star hotel, ideally in the Middle East.
We expect you to be fluent in English, both written and verbally.
Intensive experience in recruitment is a must.
You are the type of person that never says no, you always aim to exceed customer expectations, you are a great communicator, you demonstrate team spirit and cooperation, and act with professionalism and integrity.
You like to take ownership, you learn, develop and adapt to change and you can work independently, take initiative and pay attention to detail.