Outlet Manager - Level 43 Four Points by Sheraton, Sheikh Sayed Road
Full job details
Level 43 • Rooftop Lounge • 360 Ways to Capture Dubai
This sleek and stylish open air terrace sits 155 meters above ground, 43 floors high, on the busy & bustling Sheikh Zayed Road, providing visitors with spectacular panoramic 360 degree views of Dubai's skyline. A pool bar by day & a swanky lounge by night, offering cocktails and mocktails along with tasty treats while your mind wanders at the breathtaking views.
To ensure the smooth running of the bar through achieving budgeted ASI, GSI and GOP results for the outlet. This role involves the complete supervision of the Bar operations, including associate supervision and rostering, preparation of checks, stock control, and communication with relevant departments. The role is responsible for ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and maximum average check. To utilize current manpower control measures to meet and exceed budgeted manpower productivity. Work closely with Human Resources to ensure all training requirements are met and maintain a formal training program. Ensure staffing levels are sufficient to meet current levels of business activity.
The Outlet Manager, Level 43 Bar will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel’s policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Align management style, working practices and conduct with Four Points by Sheraton Hotel’s Vision, Corporate Values and policies.
2. To comply with Four Points by Sheraton’s Code of Conduct at all times.
3. Co-ordination of all aspects of the departments operation to ensure that the services of the Department are delivered to guests or internal customers with the aim of exceeding guest expectations and in accordance with Four Points by Sheraton’s standards and procedures.
4. To personally have a thorough understanding of the hotel and its operations, and communicate this to staff. Also have a full knowledge of the Bar operations and roles therein.
5. Responsibility for effective recruitment, training and development, certification, performance evaluation, turnover reduction and optimization of productivity through efficient work practices and staff rostering.
6. Ensure all food and beverage items served to guests are of the highest standard, and presentation is as per hotel standards.
7. Understand and supervise opening and closing procedures including a thorough knowledge of the computer system.
8. Ensure cleanliness of bar, tables, chairs, floor and general equipment. Ensure sufficient equipment for the operations of the restaurant. Plan ahead for appropriate repair and replacement of damaged items.
9. Review daily reports and inform all staff of any changes.
10. Prepare monthly Food & Beverage revenue and Labor forecasts.
11. Ensure rosters are produced according to Hotel policy, and displayed in a prominent location for staff.
12. Maintain a log book on a daily basis with as much information as possible.
13. Assign staff to their stations and inform of any special requests such as VIP guests/return guests.
14. Be attentive in checking quality of food and beverage service.
15. Endeavor to conduct pre and/or post service meetings.
16. Ensure staff time sheets are accurately completed and are in accordance with the Enterprise Agreement of the resort.
17. Develop and implement strategies to minimize absenteeism and to manage occupational health & safety issues.
18. Ensure linen exchange procedure is followed and all care is taken with linen.
19. To see that all back of house restaurant areas are cleaned and equipment stored before the end of day’s trade.
20. Requisition general supplies as per resort policy and procedures, maintaining par levels.
21. Attend department meetings and disseminate information concerning staff, special events, new policies, etc.
22. Analyze and respond to guest feedback, guest satisfaction and Associate satisfaction information; and give a positive commitment to continuous improvement of product and performance.
23. Assign staff to assist other outlets if necessary.
24. Assist the Food and Beverage Manager with the implementation of the outlet promotions and special events.
25. Undertake additional duties as requested by the Assistant F&B Manager and Hotel Management.
26. Completely understand, implement and ensure adherence to Local Labor laws and Four Points by Sheraton policies. Be well versed and knowledgeable of Four Points by Sheraton Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure Associates are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
27. Uphold the Starwood Cares culture by demonstrating the Star Service Standards at all times to guests and fellow associates.
28. Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety rules, and related Four Points by Sheraton brand and Starwood Policies.
To summaries, it is not the intention of this Job Description to limit the scope or responsibilities of the above-mentioned, but to highlight the most important aspects of your position. It is essential that all associates are committed to their jobs and the success of the enterprise, and maintain a willingness to accept total flexibility of jobs and duties throughout the hotel.
The successful applicant will be an experienced Bar Manager or Assistant Bar Manager looking to run their own outlet and have autonomy and control. You will be coming from a high end Hotel Bar or similar preferably from within Dubai and have a proven background in people management. You will have a true passion for the industry and high standards, and a natural flare for people.
This role is a hands on management role - leading from the front line, rolling up the sleeves and really getting stuck in! You will be expecting the new guy/girl to use their market knowledge and marketing experience to bring in the crowds.
Being truly committed to exceptional service standards, genuinely interested in new beverage trends and overall just being a good communicator - are all essentials for this role. Have you got what it takes?
Level 43 will be going through some very exciting changes next year including a brand new fit out. We want you to be part of building something very exciting.......come and make your mark on this premier location bar.