Sales Manager - Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
Full job details
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
Join us as a Sales Manager in Crowne Plaza® Abu Dhabi. In this key role, you will be responsible for effectively managing a balanced portfolio of clients while developing and implementing new strategies and processes in order to grow sustainable income and earnings for our hotel. For this role, there’s a strong emphasis on hunting new business, but we’ll expect you to display a level of sales maturity and time management to manage existing accounts as well. You’ll need to develop a business plan that incorporates vision, key drivers and business issues to exceed your yearly sales targets. We’ll ask you to report and track your actual vs. projected sales results and your activity in our CRM.
The Crowne Plaza® Abu Dhabi hotel is located on Hamdan Bin Mohammed Street, at the center of Abu Dhabi's thriving commerce and culture, just 15 minutes from ADNEC and half an hour from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Grand shopping complexes including the World Trade Center Mall and Marina Mall are minutes away. The spectacular curve of the Corniche is even closer, with parks and beaches stretching along the waterfront. Award-winning restaurants and bars, world-class service, comfort and convenience in downtown Abu Dhabi and a foodie destination not to be missed. The Crowne Plaza® Abu Dhabi hotel makes the perfect base for visiting and doing business in this dazzling 21st-century metropolis.
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement the sales activities within assigned market segment to achieve budgeted goals.
- Assist in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas as stated in the hotel’s Marketing Plan to increase sales volume and profitability.
- Analyze local market trends and competitor activity to identify business leads.
- Develop customer accounts and travel within the local area to drive business and to increase market/customer share in all revenue streams.
- Negotiate room rates/packages with corporate clients.
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions.
- Work within current business strategies and recognize potential opportunities.
- Manage time effectively and adhere to all sales standards and administration requirements to ensure an efficient and profitable working environment, including account plans, appointment logs, new business calling days, weekly updates and monthly production reports.
- Take part and organize regular familiarization trips, presentations, appointments, client events and attend relevant networking events.
- Do sales research and sales activity including telesales, site/hotel show rounds, entertaining, attending relevant trade shows where appropriate and ensure follow up is undertaken.
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the Director of Sales & Marketing Director and senior management to include the reporting of appointments, calls made and business leads.
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotels to create an exceptional Guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the hotels.
Qualifications and requirements
Bachelor’s Degree / Higher Education in Hospitality Management with 4-5 years of hotel sales experience including at least 2 years of experience in UAE. Be passionate about people and service. Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Must speak fluent English. Be results-driven, with a demonstrable track record in exceeding targets. Superior time management and relationship building skills.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Crowne Plaza and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com