Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
• Manages the restaurant team, helping them improve their skills and providing support for career development.
• Manages headcount and restaurant organisation for optimum performance
• Improves sales, the quality of service and promotion of services in compliance with hygiene and security standards.
• Conveys the hotel's image through his/her attitude, professionalism and involvement in the field.
• Ensures that all products served to guests conform to standard and are of good quality.
• Is responsible for the restaurant budget, develops revenue and profit margins.
• Helps the hotel meet its targets.
• To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare,
safety and development. Ensure you encourage them to maintain good relationships with their colleagues
and all other departments.
• To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire and name tag at
all times and to ensure they maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to
the hotel and department appearance standards.
• To ensure that all employees provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
• To assist in the training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties
with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
• To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of
service are maintained as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manual.
Education / Professional experience
• Vocational degree in hospitality or F&B studies
• At least 2 years' professional and progressive experience
• Computer literate
• Language: fluent in the national language, operational English and a 3rd language would be a plus
Skills / Qualities
• Guest oriented, service minded and attention to quality
• Sales acumen
• Good level of general culture
• Excellent presentation
• Team leader, a natural leader
• Well organised