COMMIS 1 - Indian Cuisine
We are looking for a dedicated Commis 1 Hot Kitchen, who shares our passion for excellence in food preparation and presentation. The successful candidate will possess a well-developed understanding of all aspects of the hot section, knowledge of all major ingredients and their correct use and who has a keen eye for detail in food presentation. Working as a part of our team you will assist with the smooth and efficient running of the hot section of the kitchen to support our a la carte outlets, banquets and conference and catering.
- Assist in the production and preparation of mis- en- place in all the section of the kitchen
- Maintain high standards of kitchen hygiene in accordance with HACCP guidelines
- Achieve consistency in food preparation in accordance with approved recipes/menus.
- Participate in creativity exercises such as new menu concepts and demonstrate ongoing professional development in all aspects of the hot section.
- Provide support to the kitchen brigade for major event catering on site and off site
- Observe the Company’s occupational health and safety, fire and emergency and life safety systems procedures.
- Achieve high customer satisfaction ratings.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
The preferred candidate will hold a diploma in hospitality or a vocational training qualification in culinary , food technology and presentation. You must have at least 3 years previous experience in a 4/5 star hotel kitchen or branded food and beverage operation, with a minimum 1 year experience in similar position. You will be expected to have a sound understanding of all aspects of the kitchen operation, possess an even temperament and have a desire to succeed in your profession.