Kids Club Manager
Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Supervise and plan all activities offered through the Kids Club
- Plan ahead and prepare for activities according to the activity calendar
- Ensure all children attending the Kids Club have been registered by a parent or guardian
- Ensure all SOP’s, Risk Assessments, Policies and Procedures and Health Guidelines are followed accordingly
- Create new and exciting activities to drive enthusiasm for all children in the resort
- Actively promote and encourage participation of guest and club members in activities and events
- Stay abreast of changes in the curriculum and put these into practice
- Deliver on staff development and familiarize them with the best practice related to Childcare
- Maintain stock of items required for kids’ activities such as paints, crayons, papers, toys, etc through inventory and ordering new stock when needed
- Supervise all Colleagues who are responsible for children attending the Kids Club, ensuring safety and security at all times
- Ensure all areas are clean and well maintained
- Provide a high level of guest satisfaction through effective communication
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Prepare weekly schedules ensuring adequate staffing levels at all times establish good relations and rapport
- Handle guest complaints
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness
- Ensure International Childcare Ratios are maintained
- Ensure all billing, finance and cross charges are complete following company standards
- Previous experience with children activity planning required
- Relevant Core Training: Child Protection, Food Hygiene
- Certification in Child CPR and First Aid required
- Teaching Qualification Desirable
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Length and type of experience
- Minimum 2 years resort/hotel experience.
- We are seeking professional who have preferably gained remote resort location experience.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- Possess a positive attitude
- Work well under pressure.
- Teamwork and planning for Business.
- Understanding Differences, Supervising operations and adaptability.
- Customer focus and result oriented.
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must.
- 2 year contract.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant and sell healthy F&B items at the staff shop / vending machines at lowest possible prices.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace amenities – inviting cafeterias / staff restaurant, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped gym and other sports facilities.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, work equipment, training, coaching, etc).