Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
- Design, develop, deliver and evaluate training solutions to meet specified learning outcomes utilising adult learning principles.
- Conduct quarterly training needs analysis in case we need to do more regularly and ensure that the training being offered is aligned with the needs of Kandima Maldives and design learning interventions that reflect best practice learning principles and demonstrate impact.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of training programs and continually review the learning & development plan and respond to the changing needs of Kandima Maldives.
- Design, deliver and co-ordinate the implementation of innovative training programs as outlined in the annual training plan, including but not limited to customer service, operational training, guest journey, treatment techniques and product knowledge.
- Develop processes to regularly audit the competence levels of team members and the production of delivered training programs to ensure that training objectives are being achieved, and to identify programs requiring revision and/or improvement.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of programs, develop and maintain records of objectives, outcomes, training delivered, team members feedback and other data reflecting current objectives for all training programs, including those delivered by external providers and internal training.
- Supervise the departmental trainers to achieve priorities, policies, standards and guest satisfaction. Conduct reviews of the training and assessment events that are conducted by the departmental trainers and make recommendations.
- Oversee a network scheme for operational trainers for the purpose of continuous improvement and to make recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Review, develop, communicate and make accessible, standard practice manuals and co-ordinate or supervise the preparation and issue of training handbooks, communication bulletins and similar publications as required to ensure up-to-date materials and consistency across programs.
Degree in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; certified trainer.
Length and type of experience
- Minimum 2 years resort/hotel experience.
- We are seeking professional who have preferably gained remote resort location experience.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- The successful candidate will have a high degree of focus on quality Training experience.
- Being operationally aware is essential, a team player with proven leadership capabilities, a self-starter with plenty of drive and enthusiasm.
- Solution driven individual who’s sensitive to the needs of the business and its people.
- Creative person, always ready to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent organisation and coordination skills. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must.
- Immediate availability for a 2 years contract.
- Package includes attractive expatriate salary in USD, accommodation, meals, laundry, health insurance, home leave flight and 30 days annual leave per annum.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant and sell healthy F&B items at the staff shop / vending machines at lowest possible prices.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace amenities – inviting cafeterias / staff restaurant, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped gym and other sports facilities.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, work equipment, training, coaching, etc).