Executive Sous Chef
Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
Executive Sous Chef
Higher National Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management with a specialization in Food and Beverage from a reputable institution or equivalent.
Length and type of experience
- Minimum 4 years resort/hotel experience.
- Ensuring day to day productivity of all kitchen employees and the full completion of rostered shifts.
- Planning, allocating, and evaluating work carried out by teams, individuals and self.
- Identifying training needs and direct responsibility for the development and training of the kitchen brigade, and attending training programs for own professional development as requested.
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and improving safe and hygienic operations for Resort guests and employees at all times.
- Investigating all kitchen accidents and implementing corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence, following consultation with employees and a Human Resources representative
- Ensuring correct food storage practices are being adhered to in order to prevent unnecessary spoilage and cross contamination.
- Controlling and analysing quality level of production and presentation of all food items.
- Planning and creating innovative menus utilising fresh tropical produce to provide guests with an unsurpassable dining experience.
- End of month stock takes, keeping tight control of stock and records.
- To manage staff development ensuring that staff motivation is of a high level.
- Active hands on cooking/preparation chef.
- Portion, labour cost, food cost and quality control.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- High degree of focus on Standards & Quality.
- Operationally driven.
- Complete Team player with proven leadership capabilities.
- Self-starter. Plenty of drive and enthusiasm.
- Creative person, always ready to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent organisation, communication, coordination and presentation skills
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Sound financial awareness.
- Immediate availability for a 2 years contract.
- Package includes attractive expatriate salary in USD, accommodation, meals, laundry, health insurance, home leave flight and 30 days annual leave per annum.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant and sell healthy F&B items at the staff shop.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace amenities – inviting cafeterias-staff restaurant, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped gym and other sports facilities.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, work equipment, training, coaching, etc).