Cluster Director of Finance
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Uniquely positioned on the first line of the holy Haram, Millennium Taiba Hotel Madinah offers 5-star luxury and stunning views of the city. The nearest hotel to Al Rawdah Al Sharefah, we're conveniently close to 4 historic mosques, and just 250m from the Prophet's mosque.Our 208 spacious guest rooms offer the latest amenities for a perfect stay. Guests can enjoy diverse cuisines at Al Arike Restaurant, which serves Continental, Middle Eastern, and Asian. Our coffee shop serves delicious pastries, cakes, snacks, and drinks, and our well-equipped gym, sauna, and steam rooms are great for guests to relax in. Our hotel is just 20 minutes by car from Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz International Airport. Complimentary Wi-Fi and underground parking are available to make your stay even more enjoyable.
Set on the second line of the holy Haram, Millennium Al Aqeeq Hotel is just a few minutes’ walk from the Prophet’s Mosque. With 505 guest rooms, 5-star hospitality, a host of amenities, and classically elegant design, you will feel pampered. Nearby, you’ll find the city’s 4 historic mosques, the lively Old Bazaar, as well as the commercial, financial, and shopping hub. If you prefer not to leave the hotel, we have our own mini-market, restaurants, and shops for your convenience. We also offer round-the-clock room service and reception at the front desk, so you can be assured that you’ll always be attended to.
As a Cluster Director of Finance you will manage both Millenium Taiba Hotel Madina and Millennium Al Aqeeq Hotel. Moreover, you will plan, direct, and manage the provision of accurate, timely, and objective financial data from which informed management decisions can be made. Recommend remedial action when and where necessary. Safeguard owner assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control systems. Hire the most professional, service-oriented, dedicated highly skilled, trained staff available. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the hotel Executive Committee.
Key job responsibilities:
- To set up and maintain a system of internal controls which will provide the most effective control of the assets and revenue of the hotel.
- To maintain all accounting records of the hotel in the manner prescribed. Similarly, all reports and financial statements must be prepared on a timely basis in accordance with instructions prescribed by the Vice President – Finance.
- To ensure that all laws and fiscal regulations of the country of location (which affect the financial matters of the hotel) are complied with. This includes the responsibility for seeing that proper permits and licenses are obtained for such areas as importations, currency transfers, operation of hotel, bars or club, etc.
- To ensure the safekeeping and updating of all leases and contracts and all other legal records and documents which may affect and financial status of the hotel.
- To ensure that local tax matters, including both income and other taxes, are properly handled. This includes the responsibility for the proper deductions and remittances of all payroll taxes where applicable.
- To approve all allowances and adjustments and ensure that they are subsequently approved by the General Manager.
- To conduct the monthly physical count and valuation of all food, beverage and operating supplies inventories and the half yearly physical count and valuation of all operating equipment inventories.
- To administer in conjunction with Head Office, the hotels insurance program.
- To ensure that, subject to the availability of funds, all necessary reserves, such as vacation of employees, furniture and equipment, employees’ indemnity, etc. are adequately maintained.
- To assist in preparing, in conjunction with the other department heads and the General Manager, both the annual and revised capital budget and profit budget in the format required by the Corporate Office. In addition to the preparation, you are responsible for reporting the actual results as compared with the profit budget.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate records to reflect the comparison of the actual expenditures for operating equipment and furniture and equipment replacements with the annual budgeted amounts.
- To ensure the administration of established credit and collection policies.