Laundry Attendant Jeddah
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Laundry Attendant with a strong hotel operations background, as well as previous luxury resort and hotel experience, to be part of the successful opening of this hotel.
- Meets and exceeds customer and team members expectation by providing quality service & teamwork.
- Provides value added service to customers by doing whatever is reasonable and possible to meet or exceed customer expectation
- Communicates effectively with the customers co-workers and supervisors.
- Demonstrates team work by co-operating and assisting co-workers as needed.
- Attends work on time as schedules.
- Follows hotel standards regarding personal hygiene.
- Minimises dangers by following all safety rules and regulation.
- Maintains a favorable reputation of the hotel at all times.
- Maintain condition of hotel linen and provide laundry services to guests
- Ensures maximum cleaning effectiveness by sorting laundry prior to washing according to fabric type colour item or soil concentration
- Pulls damaged and or stained linen prior to loading washers
- Ensures maximum loading capacity by weighting bed linens prior to washing
- Loads washers and dryers to recommended weights
- Saves energy by setting dryers for proper heating and cooling times
- Places only proper linens in the dryer
- Informs laundry manager of any mechanical failures or supply shortages
- Irons packages and handles guests laundry as per hotel and corporate standards and guidelines
- Reports unusual circumstances to laundry supervisor
- Turns in articles found in laundry to Assistant Laundry Manager for proper “Lost and found” handling
- Is fully aware of all departmental fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Accepts flexible work schedule when necessary and requested cy the Assistant Laundry Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 3 years’ experience in hospitality, preferably in a luxury environment
- Knowledge in Opera is a must
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English and Arabic (optional)
- Leadership and strong team management skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels .
- Impeccable follow-through; and “Can Do” attitude and mindset. Highly organized with the ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take initiative
- Computer skills (e.g. word processing and spreadsheet