This position will report directly to the Revenue Manager or in the absence as directed by the company. The primary purpose of this position is to monitor group and transient business thresholds within the five-year forecast to ensure measurable improvements for demand and availability.
Managing and maintaining group and transient inventory controls:
- Daily review and implementation of room accommodation and rate inventory controls. Includes weekly implementation of roll-in controls.
- Ensure group inventory and cut-off dates are managed according to demand.
- Implement all blackout dates review monthly to determine if Adjustments are needed.
- Work with the Front Office to ensure that sellout strategies are in place, and are balanced daily.
- Ensure and the General Ledger are balanced daily as it relates to past actual.
Develop, monitor and adjust sales and pricing strategies:
- Conduct a weekly Revenue Management Meeting where the appropriate booking period is evaluated for proper rate and availability control. The Revenue Manager will provide a synopsis of results vs. decision from the previous week and lead discussion on future issues such as booking pace, pricing strategies, marketing opportunities and the competitive environment.
- Daily review of Backlog Report (monthly), Daily Transaction reports and Overrides report.
Address concerns and action plans with Director of Sales.