Food & Beverage - Director of Restaurants
Full job details
We are currently seeking for dynamic, ambitious and self motivated Food & Beverage professionals who assist to organize and direct a team that develops top quality of food & beverage products with prompt, accurate and personalized service.
As Director of Restaurants, you are responsible for ensuring that all areas within all the Signature restaurants of the property are properly managed in a structured and professional manner. You will achieve the optimum performance of each of those outlets: Finz, Trader Vic’s, Benihna, Prego’s, Indigo, Rodeo Grill and Brauhaus
• Takes overall responsibility for Food & Beverage department in the absence of the EAM Food & Beverage
• Responsible for the Business Plan and strategy of the signature outlets
• Achieve department annual financial budget forecasts, meet monthly revenue and GOP targets by exercising a constant control of operational expenses
• Attend and conduct regular departmental meetings and briefings to ensure an open communication line with team
• Update on all business and promotional activities of competitors and stay informed of changing trends
• Conduct performance analysis of every key personnel as per policy
• Control and approve purchase requests and store requisitions for operating material, food products and beverages
• Monitor department duty rota to ensure efficient manning at all times
• Review and approve all payroll related documents, at the end of the month prior to handing them over to account
• Initiate the departmental Standards of Performance manuals and establishes the supporting training program of the signatures restaurant in conjunction with L&D Director
• Increase efficiently the business of each Signature restaurants with Marketing and Promotional Calendar.
• Set and maintain the reputation of each outlets on Social media with each restaurant manager
• Maintain standards of food & beverage quality and guest service quality
• Monitor Guest feedback in relation to service, products and promotions
• Maintain highly visible profile in outlets during service peak times
• Assist EAM F&B on reports, forecasts and budget
• Suggest FF&E replacements or additions
• Work with accounts department to oversee physical inventories, analyse specialized reports, slow moving items and low stock list and productive norms.
• Keep informed of competitive trends, new products and legislation
• Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
• Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should be a college / university degree graduate with a minimum of two years experiences in a similar role with preferable previous experiences in the Middle East. You must be a computer literate with effective communication skills and an excellent command of written and spoken English.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a solid food & beverage background and the passion for quality and excellence. You will be creative and eager to share your desire to achieve highest quality service standards with guests and team members and you should possess following competencies:
Understanding the Business
Planning for Business
Drive for Results