Hostess- Spanish Speaking
At Meliá Hotels International we value human and professional qualities. We work together to grow in a company that is the leader not only in our different lines of business but also in people management, one of our main foundations. For those reasons and because we know that you are talented, ambitious and are seeking to grow and improve as a professional, we are inviting you to come and achieve your dream with us.
Objective of the Position
Hostess, in coordination with Assistant Restaurant Manager, is responsible for greeting and facilitating guest experience by scheduling reservations, giving feedback to managers and receiving feedback from guests, maintain efficient customer flow and organizing the data base of the outlet / F&B.
Maintain complete knowledge of:
- Dining room layout, table/seat/section numbers, and proper table setup.
- Room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code.
- Restaurant reservation procedures.
- Daily house count, arrivals, departures, VIP’s.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- All departmental policies/service procedures.
- Music & entertainment
- Cleanliness if the hostess desk
- Answer telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutation and telephone etiquette.
- Take record and confirm restaurant reservations / cancellations in accordance with departmental standards.
- Communicate reservation or cancellation to management as they arise throughout the shift.
- Monitor the preparation of on assignments, ensuring compliance with departmental standards.
- Ensure that all menu’s, check folders are cleaned and in sufficient quantity.
- Ensure that the hostess stand is cleaned and organized.
- Review the Reservation book, pre-assign designated tables and follow up on all special requests.
- Coordinate with Kitchen if and when there is a special request.
- Greet the guests at the entrance of the restaurant.
- Seat Guest accordingly to floor plan / being fair to each waiter.
- Show guests their table which has been designated to them.
- Ensure that the guests are pleased with their table.
- Present the open menu to the guest.
- Ensure that the tables are set to the best service of the guest.
- Anticipate heavy business times and organize procedures to handle waiting lines.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond to them promptly and acknowledge guest, however busy and whatever time of the day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with hotel services / activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints following instant pacification procedures and insuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guests’ reactions and confer frequently with management to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and participate to ensure that all tables are cleared and reset according to the department procedures.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working conditions of own section equipment and supplies.
- Assist restaurant staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guest: when requested.
- Promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and quality.
- Do table visits systematically at each meal period to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Promote F&B Outlets to each customer in down time.
- Successful completion of the training process.
- To assist the Supervisor to ensure proper cashiering procedures are followed and accurately balanced.
- To assist in Menu printing.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department grooming standards.
- To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all other departments.
- To be aware of the hotel’s Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To comply with Qatar legislation as required.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.