This job is no longer available
At Celebrity Cruises we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, Celebrity is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative, award-winning fleet of ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this is a great opportunity to let your career set sail.
We are currently seeking Laundry Masters to join our team. Laundry Managers are a vital part of the management of any facility. He/She must possess some degree of technical proficiency; the ability to assess methods and procedures, knowledge of equipment and supplies, exercise good judgment on any corrective program and enough skill to determine the essentials and importance of complete divisional programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Laundry Master is accountable to the Chief Housekeeper for the day-to-day efficient operation of the laundry facility.
- Ensures that all equipment is fully operational at all times and Liaise with Chief Housekeeper to repair equipment in a timely manner.
- Coordinates daily inspection to ensure that all equipment are operating at optimum capacity and that water is at maximum temperature.
- Oversee sorting and washing procedures.
- Oversee distribution of linen to guest rooms and Food & Beverage Division.
- Completion of high school, basic or vocational education equivalency preferred
- A minimum of three years of related experience and/or training in the laundry field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to achieve operational results in an international environment required.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating, leading and engagement of a diverse workforce to increase synergy and improve productivity.
- Ability to participate in emergency lifesaving drills and required training.
- Ability to fluently read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly at an advanced level
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds