Complex Hotel Manager
Full job details
Starwood hotels & resorts Worldwide, Ine., one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1000 properties in over 100 countries, is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels and resorts with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, Sheraton, Westin, Four Points by Sheraton, W, Le Meridien, Aloft and ElementSM.
Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc, a subsidiary of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc, is one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts.
For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com or www.starwoodvacationownership.com
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is situated in the modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 1,200 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai's largest private white-sand beach and glittering, 238-berth world-class marina.
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is situated in the modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 1,200 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai’s largest private white-sand beach and glittering, 238-berth world-class marina
The Hotel Manager is second in command and overseeing all Operational functions of Le Meridien Mina Seyahi and The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi. The role will require someone to lead a large team as well as someone who is very hands-on in the operation and maintaining the top standards.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
• Assist in the development and implementation of the strategic plan, marketing plan, and budget and goals program to ensure on an on-going basis optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
• Ensures highest level of guest satisfaction by providing, within corporate standards, quality guest services and amenities.
• Manages the functions of all hotel personnel through supervision as directed.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Practises
• Assist in monitoring present and future trends, practices and systems in the Hotel industry.
• Determines and ensures execution of competitive programs as directed.
• Participates in conducting weekly inspections and ensures physical facilities are kept in optimal condition, full implementation of preventive maintenance programs, and judicious planning and management of FF&E, as directed by the management.
• Monitor applicable laws and regulations and ensures compliance.
• Ensures emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
• Identifies future potential department heads and participate in succession planning.
• Establishes and maintains effective internal communications, including weekly department head meetings to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
• Review energy conservation program to ensure minimum energy and utility consumption without sacrificing human comfort.
• Monitors purchasing practices to ensure compliance with the Hotel policy and procedures.
• In the absence of the General Manager assumes responsibilities and authorities as appropriate.
• Keeps the General Manager informed of any unforeseen events, which may occur in his absence.
• On an on-going basis, control and analyse, departmental costs. Furthermore, ensure performance against budget.
• Participates in the preparation of the Hotel’s Strategy and PMP.
• Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
o Being attentive to Guests.
o Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests.
o Anticipate Guests needs.
o Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience.
o Demonstrating a ‘service’ attitude.
o Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
• Five or more years management experience in similar position as Director of Operations/Hotel Manager in an upscale luxury hotel/resort.
• Strong Operations background
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• Must be fluent in English
• Hands on approach to business.
• Strong communicator.
• Strong Leadership abilities.