We are looking for a Executive Sous Chef (European nationality) who has at least five years experience in the UAE within the 5 star international hotel sector only.
The key responsibilities for this position are, and not limited to:
1. Prepares and implements in conjunction with the Executive Chef an annual food and beverage promotion plan for all restaurants.
2. Co-ordinates the design and implementation up of all buffet set ups, tea/coffee breaks and food displays including cubes, props and decorations ensuring they are maintained in good condition.
3. Ensures market list is prepared daily to ensure an adequate provision of fresh produce.
4. Ensures that accurate recipes are prepared and costed for all menu items.
5. Utilises sales analysis in menu planning and implements menu engineering techniques.
6. Assists the executive Chef in the preparation, monitoring and controlling of the Food and Beverage budget.
7. Is responsible for the standards of cleanliness and hygiene in all kitchen and related areas.
8. Maintains an efficient administration within the department preparing and submitting operational reports on time.
9.Ensures that employees are selected, trained, evaluated and rewarded in compliance with existing employee management systems.
10. Coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops subordinate employees
11. Support the Corporate Social Responsibility program of the Group through the implementation of policies and activities that contribute to environment-friendly practices and community - sensitive in the property.
12. Contributes to risk management activities for the property.
13. Leads and is responsible for the implementation of the internal talent development program
If you have the qualities, skills and temperament to do this very rewarding job, I would love to hear from you. Please send a full resume or check out our website at http://www.minorinternational.com/Career/hotel.php