Full job details
A true haven for the discerning adventurer, Viceroy Maldives provides innovative levels of seclusion and luxury set within a spectacular locale. The resort leaves no detail unanswered; with Viceroy's unparalleled service complementing perfectly designed elemental interiors and carefully crafted lounge areas. Five dining venues, including the alluring, Middle Eastern-inspired décor of the central Treehouse, offer everything from casual beachside cuisine, Pan Asian and European flare to intimate fine dining experience with a wine cellar and a private chef's table.
Viceroy Maldives is located in Shaviyani Atoll, 192 km from the capital island of Malé and the International Airport. On the Maldives' uncharted northern edge, the resort is located on the private island of Vagaru, over 17 acres of palm trees and pristine sand encircling a blue lagoon. Access to Vagaru is easily accommodated via seaplane taxi, less than an hour's flight from the main island of Malé .
Supports the Department Head in motivating and developing a skilled team, leads by example, supervision of all internal/ External customers and help day today operation.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Is directly responsible for the day to day key processes in his/her area of work
- Assists supervisor in executing the day to day operational requirements
- Demonstrates a high degree of culture and service standards awareness and act as a role model
- Lives the Viceroy Culture Standards
- Adheres to the Resort's code of conduct and grooming and hygiene standards
- Is seen as working hands-on and assits collegaues
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and promotes a safe working environment
- Able to execute all tasks of each steward position in the department
- Able to select, train and schedule all Stewarding colleagues
- Able to supervise and coordinate the activities of all stewards to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department
- Maintain a quialified team by identifying and controlling work relationships, areas of accountability and performance of personnel assigned as as completing and conducting performance reviews.
- Ensure the proper use of and preventative maintenance of all machinery and equipment used by the Stewarding department
- Must be able to ensure the neatness, cleanliness and order of all kitchens, back of the house areas, storage areas, colleagues dinning room, Stewarding departmenet machinery, compactor room, carts and tables through constant monitoring and a vigorous cleaning schedule.
- Maintain the wash ware operation to ensure proper supply of clean silverware
- Able to requisition, store, stock, inventory, collect, wash and restock china, silver, glass and other equipment in designated areas of the hotel accordingly.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget for the department
- Able to assess safety hazards and take apporpriate action
- Set standards regarding the ratio of covers to labor cost and cost of chemicals and supplies
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation
Skills / Knowledge Required:
- Good communication skills in English
- Prior knowledge of dish machine, steam cleaning, kitchen and floor cleaning equipment
- some management experience in multi outlet resorts or as and Assistant Executive Steward
- Able to work long hours
- Team player
All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards to be provided)
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.