This job is no longer available
• To manage an effective and efficient Payroll Management / Resource allocation through establishing a flexible work force throughout the department, based on the principles of Multi Skilling and Multi-Tasking.
• To ensure that the department is managed successfully as independent profit center.
• To ensure that each place of work is managed by a Management Team (Assistant Manager) who are totally accountable for their profitability.
• To set, in close conjunction with the each Head of Department, annual operating budgets, which will form part of the Hotel’s Annual Business Plan.
• To monitor all costs and recommend measures to control them in accordance with the annual budgets.
• To establish an integrated cost management plan through product lining, minimal inventories, and joint procurement with sister hotels and Delivery on Demand where possible and cost effective.
• To ensure that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to and in line, and that all costs are strictly controlled.
• To monitor all cost and recommend / institute measures to control them.
• To set and control with the Hotels Director, Financial Controller and Director of Human Resources any incentive schemes for the Front Office employees.
• To prepare monthly forecasts and schedule resources accordingly.
• To assist in the preparation of the Departmental Budget.
• To analyze and report on a monthly basis the Profit and Loss statements.
• To ensure that all the Front Office departments are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements and adhere to Company and Hotel Policies & Procedures and Brand Standards.
• To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set
• To implement a flexible employee base, with the right mix of employees.
• To liaise with the Revenue Management Department and Reservation Department to ensure the proper market mix to achieve the maximum room revenue.
• To assist in securing external guest accommodation should an overbooking occur.
• To assist the Sales Manager, Conventions and Banquet Manager, in the aspects of controlling heavy dates, resolving conflicts in bookings changing dates and facilities.
• To advise Management of room sales progress and bookings, and to discuss reports, forecasts, policies and procedures.
• To recommend to Management any innovations new and/or changes.
• To allocate employees over the department based on established business levels for that day.
• To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance daily.
• To represent the Front Office Department on the hotel's Executive Committee meetings.
• To support staff needs in other Divisions based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
• To monitor service and rooms standards in all places of work.
• To work with Assistant Front Office Manager, Assistant Manager Manager, and Night Manager to take corrective action where necessary.
• To be always available and on-duty during peak periods (frequently opening and closing the operation).
• To handle guest and employee inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
• To be conversant and fully knowledgeable of OPERA system.
• To ensure delivery of the 15-Minutes Guest Satisfaction Guarantee Service as per IBIS standard
• To assist subordinates during Peak Hours.
• To supervise the employees within the department and train all front office employees on the correct standards.
• To ensure the strict control of room keys.
• To ensure that public areas are clean and up to standards.
• To be familiar with the policies and procedures concerning fire, emergency evacuation, accidents, bomb threats, law and order situations.
• To ensure that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures..
• To be fully aware and conversant of Accor spirit, values and goals and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
• To be fully aware and conversant of Accor environmental charter and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
• To be fully aware and conversant of ISO9001 and 14001(for Ibis Hotel) policies and procedures and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
Level of Education
Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Hospitality Management Professional experiences
2 years Languages essential
English, Arab, French Essential requirements
• Degree in Hospitality or Business Management
• Minimum 2 years experience in a similar position in a large 4/5 stars property/cluster
• Excellent organization and administration skills
• Ability to address problems, identify weaknesses and take corrective/preventive measures
• International/Middle East exposure would be an added advantage
• Excellent leadership skills with ability to motivate, train and lead the team
• Pre-opening experience would be an added advantage
• Ability to plan and prepare budget
• Ability to multi task and work under pressure
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build a rapport and relationship and interact with people from variety of back grounds
• Computer literacy in Microsoft packages
• English language is a must Arabic and/or French would be an added advantage