Asst Loss Prevention Manager
Full job details
At more than 75 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. Meet the Ritz-Carlton™. It could be the start of something life-changing.
Assists in the management of the daily functions of the department to ensure protection of property assets, employees, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Assists in the training of staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 1 year experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
- Assists the Director of Engineering in administering fire prevention programs and emergency preparedness.
- Assists in conducting hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
- Assists in the development of detailed "shut down" procedures for the property to ensure that all areas are secured at the appropriate times.
- Complies with applicable federal, state and local law and safety regulations.
- Follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
- Develops a monthly checklist for all cctv equipment, alarmed doors, and duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
- Incorporates into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property's interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
- Follows Duty of Care process for the protection of guests and employees.
- Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Monitors all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
- Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial & follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
- Oversees and guides the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
- Oversees first aid program for guests and employees.
- Oversees the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker's Compensation cases.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.