This job is no longer available
To record and compile summaries of the financial transactions of the business for management purposes. To process and record all cash/cheque transactions within the company ensuring both accuracy and timely payment into the hotel bank accounts.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Palm Jumeirah is a world-class property opening on the 1st September 2012 on the iconic Palm Island in Dubai. The hotel will feature 381 guest rooms and suites with two Fairmont Gold floors. A total of eight food and beverage outlets on property will offer international dining options including Szechwan cuisine, a Brazilian steak house plus separate cigar and wine bars. The property will be positioned as a Luxury Hotel joining other internationally branded hotels on the ‘island’, which will generate tremendous anticipation both in the UAE and worldwide. In addition, the high regard that the Fairmont brand is afforded in the region will result in very high expectations for flawless service delivery from day-one.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Balance daily banking to the cash allocated via the Property Manager daily report
- Ensure all cash is correctly received and banked daily
- Analyze and collect difference in banking reports
- Reconcile credit card payments via Servebase reports
- Complete and resolve any queries arising from credit card payments
- Complete float counts at least on a monthly basis and report any shortcomings
- Allocate petty cash, where appropriate, ensuring that the correct paperwork matches all withdrawals
- Maintain adequate change levels to cope with the business demands
- Process Foreign currency exchange
- Monitor and reconcile Fairmont Gift voucher/card sales
- Maintain cashier’s float as per company guidelines at all times
- Process daily banking journals and periodic petty cash and miscellaneous banking journals
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliation’s for floats and Fairmont Gift Vouchers
- Monitor and construct a daily Officers Checks analysis
- Monitor and construct a daily covers and average spend analysis
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when the situation arises
- Carry out additional tasks as instructed by the Finance Manager and reasonable request by the General Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- 1-2 years experience in the Hospitality Industry
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal
- A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others
- Proven organizational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
- Applicable job related skills as per Accountable Duties
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!