This job is no longer available
Coco Collection hotels are vibrant and authentic and our vision is to become the region’s premier ‘luxury holiday lifestyle’ resort brand with a focus on service excellence, quality product, residential design and sustainability.
Presently the company owns and manages properties in the Maldives, however, the company has the ambition and expectation to grow internationally within the next few years and acquire management agreements for all of the Coco Collection brands.
Coco Collection is set to open a completely carbon neutral resort in June 2013, which will be unique to this region and support our key brand values of being responsible and sustainable.
An opportunity exists for an experienced, passionate Area Director of HR, Maldives to join us and lead the HR Function to success:
Leading the HR Function and championing a culture of associate engagement across the Group and in particular at Resort Level (and guiding other HR professionals) in alignment to the Coco Vision and Values. Contributing to the strategic HR goals, policy development of Coco Collection and ensuring full implementation of specific HR objectives / initiatives and key Resort related goals, as required. Establishing and maintaining HR operational excellence and consistently delivering a professional, confidential and associate focused service.
Scope of Position:
The Area Director of HR leads the HR Division for Coco Collection including Coco Palm Bodu Hithi, Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu and Coco Prive Kuda Hithi. Moreover, this role will lead the HR Division of the Corporate Office; Makunudu Island; Biyadhoo Island Resort; the Cluster / Area Roles as well as the new project Coco Fahala (due to open 2013). The Area Director of HR reports directly to the CEO and at property level to the General Manager’s.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Championing all HR related functional disciplines and activities to include:
• HR Planning and Strategy Contribution
• Talent Sourcing, Recruitment and Selection
• Actively and efficiently managing HR Operations and Administration
• Creating Associate Engagement and Retention
• Recognising and rewarding talent, performance and Associate personal events
• Facilitating Government Relations matters related to Associate e.g. visas etc. with support of key Corporate Office Departments,
• A background in 5 star hotels and/or luxury resorts.
• An existing Director of HR / Area Director of HR looking for their next step.
• Able to develop, formulate and implement new HR Policies and Procedures
• Minimum of 5 - 10 years overall experience in HR with at least 2 year’s in a similar Management capacity.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent recognised professional qualification specialising in HR.
• A passion for HR and effective associate engagement.
• Good all round knowledge of Human Resource functions and administration
• Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong leadership skills, able to motivate, develop and inspire others. Previous experience leading a team.
• Experience working within a resort environment / remote locations highly regarded but not essential.
• Attention to detail and motivated to implement accurate and efficient administration methods / data capture in all aspects of work.
• A self-starter who is results focused, outgoing with a positive personality and able to deliver within a pressurised deadline driven environment.
• Display’s emotional maturity and sensitivity when dealing with others. Remains tactful and is able to professionally relate to colleagues at all levels in the company.
• A team player and a good role model within the Management Team.
• Previous experience and a good understanding of working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
• This is a great career opportunity to join an expanding group with new properties planned and further grow their career with the Business.
• Please note that this position is only really suitable for those people who are single or travelling on a single basis.
This position offers a tax free salary, accommodation, 3 R&R trips per year, generous leave provisions, relocation assistance, annual flights home, access to guest facilities, additional discounts in the resort, medical insurance etc.
If you believe the above profile fits your talents and is a natural next step in your career, please forward your detailed CV (outlining your past work experience and achievements) and a covering letter to highlight why you are right for the role… to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application Deadline: 25th August 2012
Due to the anticipated volume of applications we apologise, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.